Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX expansion - there must be a plan hidden away somewhere......

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

What a waste of 9 minutes of my new year!
Interesting, maybe, but presuming Everton made it then why, what for and what were they recording?
Few points there though. Each team has a 'linesman' to check them over but players shake their hands and make early friends. How much of the kidology is in the tunnel? Big fully lit banners etc showing how good the home team are. Similar to the 'This Is Anfield' sign.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone know where there’s info about the new ground for u23 etc ?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Attended a stadium tour before Xmas as asked about potential to expand, was told due to the beams they would have to take out big chunks of the east and west in order to put another tier on the north.
The guide said this would probably take 1-2 years with the Albion playing elsewhere for this to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guides make it up as they go along. The 'beams' cannot be taken down without the roof falling in.

Can you remember the Amex being built? There were two cranes holding up the arches until the roof was complete. Once the roof was complete, the cranes were gradually removed so it settled into place.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The guides make it up as they go along. The 'beams' cannot be taken down without the roof falling in.

Can you remember the Amex being built? There were two cranes holding up the arches until the roof was complete. Once the roof was complete, the cranes were gradually removed so it settled into place.

Agreed, but, like Anfield and the Citeh stadium, a stand can be built over the foundations with it's own footings.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
ekaterinburg-arena_8443903f4928fa844d972bdb8525b13aff39da68.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It would appear possible to add a small second tier at the south, and possibly the north (exec type boxes) and go safe standing below . . . .maybe take us to mid 30's

If we continue to grow into a regular top ten PL side, then as has been suggested, redeveloping the derelict retail park in Hove efrom Goldstone lane to Sackville road, into a modern city stadia called 'The Goldstone ground' with underground parking, hotel etc would be my preferred option.

I'm sure most local residents would prefer that the the shit that's there now

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It would appear possible to add a small second tier at the south, and possibly the north (exec type boxes) and go safe standing below . . . .maybe take us to mid 30's

If we continue to grow into a regular top ten PL side, then as has been suggested, redeveloping the derelict retail park in Hove efrom Goldstone lane to Sackville road, into a modern city stadia called 'The Goldstone ground' with underground parking, hotel etc would be my preferred option.

It won't happen.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully there are enough gaps to plug to take us to well over 31k including a new South East Corner 2nd tier and extending the west middle 1901 around the north by repurposing office space.

That should be enough.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We’re booked for our first stadium tour later this month. Looking forward to it.

The same old debate, but I wonder if there’s space for several more rows at the back of the NS (taking away office and plant space)? I realise the cost will be far greater than the small increment in revenue, but to increase capacity and to scale up the home end in proportion to the huge WS and ES.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We’re booked for our first stadium tour later this month. Looking forward to it.

The same old debate, but I wonder if there’s space for several more rows at the back of the NS (taking away office and plant space)? I realise the cost will be far greater than the small increment in revenue, but to increase capacity and to scale up the home end in proportion to the huge WS and ES.

You hit the point that happens to be my only disappointment with the Amex. A larger bank in the north would be great for atmosphere and would make it larger than the South Stand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Imagine the traffic mess getting to/from there on a Saturday afternoon.......

Can’t see there is any need for us to move from the Amex, or any need to materially expand it. It suits us. The payback time for spending perhaps a min of 500m on a new stadium elsewhere (if a site could be found), with no guarantee of filling it on a long term basis wouldn’t make commercial sense unless we were potentially established as a top 6 side for several seasons and demand for tickets was huge.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Imagine the traffic mess getting to/from there on a Saturday afternoon.......

Can’t see there is any need for us to move from the Amex, or any need to materially expand it. It suits us. The payback time for spending perhaps a min of 500m on a new stadium elsewhere (if a site could be found), with no guarantee of filling it on a long term basis wouldn’t make commercial sense unless we were potentially established as a top 6 side for several seasons and demand for tickets was huge.

The Amex will be home for all of our lefetimes anyway.

theboybilly

Pure fantasy, sorry

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018

You will enjoy it, put together really well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here