Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718
Results 171 to 178 of 178
  1. #171
    Members
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!
    Posts
    5,964


    1 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=Harry Wilson's tackle;8627430]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliver's Travels View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Not all members of the working classes are scum. My family certainly weren't.

    Some people are, though. The unwashd oaf sitting and stinking in front of me (in first class) on the train home tonight certainly was.
    I do apologise! I’ve run out of deodorant, the washing machine’s packed up, and the water supply has been cut off at the mains. I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the spicy curry before boarding the train, especially when washed down with four pints of Old Turdbanger premium ale. .

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #172
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!
      Posts
      5,964


      0 Not allowed!
      I do believe when Tony Bloom held the fans forum before the Bristol City game two years ago that any ground expansion would be very limited. I’m sure he stated that the possible increase in seats would only be a couple of hundred at most. I just wonder, as the south east corner has had the media boxes in place, whether a similar construction could be built in the north east corner?
      Maybe occupied by groups of school kids and suchlike similar to the “shelf” in the West Stand?
    • #173
      Where do we go from here? Tesco in Disguise's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Westminster Village
      Posts
      3,705


      0 Not allowed!
      When we're back with terraces, maybe...

      Just victim of the in-house drive-by.
      They say 'jump!', you say 'how high?'
    • #174

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've thought for a long time that there is room behind the North Stand for 8 or so more rows, which would make it about the same size as Cardiff's home end. Well, for most of the 4 central blocks anyway.

      If they don't put seats in there, then it would be the perfect place to trail safe standing if we ever get the chance.

      From a capacity point of view, I don't see why we shouldn't want the same as what Leicester and Southampton have, or somewhere in between. Didn't we have similar sized crowds to them in The Championship?

      Imagine if someone said building The Amex wasn't cost effective. We wouldn't have got it done. To be honest, with the amount we lose every season, it probably isn't that cost effective. But it got built anyway because we wanted more fans and for the club to grow.

      My point is that we took a bit of a risk building the stadium, and it paid off. We've could've ended up playing in front of 12000 in a 22000 stadium in League 1. We still built it. It's called ambition.

      This might seem like a bit of a contradiction, but I'm saying we should add a couple of thousand tops, (if we can, and that's if we can sort the transport out a bit) not ten thousand.
      When you say “We” you mean Tony Bloom. He paid for everything mate. We did not take a bit of a risk building a stadium, Tony did.
      You say we should add a couple of thousand seats to our wonderful stadium and I ask why? Willy waving? Most people know that attendance is not that important.
      Bollox have I been wooshed?
    • #175
      Members Return of the Rev's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!
      Posts
      19,938


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      IMO, if we we get relegated we will not fill the Amex unless we are challenging and playing good football in the Championship. Drop away from that and I think you’d see thousands of empty seats, we have a history of crowds only turning up if we are flying. The Amex and the first time in the top division for decades has ensured a sold out stadium, but I agree with El Presidente, if we stay up but continue to be a bottom eight team or even just level out as a mid table team crowds will fall.
      Relegation would make it more likely that I would buy a s/t tbh.
      Ban single use plastics.

      https://ibanplastic.com/thank-you/
    • #176
      Well, is it? Is it PotG?'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Sussex by the Sea
      Posts
      5,170


      0 Not allowed!
      Don't need it / won't happen
    • #177
      Members mikeyjh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      Location
      Llanymawddwy
      Posts
      3,079


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think if we average 30k it will be the best in the third division (possibly ever or at least since the start of football in 1992). I think if we got back to the days of 7th in the PL 48k would be about the max. To be honest I think the Amex is a great size and actually I think in a way its easier to fill a smaller stadium in the fact that there is a fear of not buying a ticket when its 30k whereas for 48k you have a much better chance, so you probably actually get more with the smaller ground.
      SoL expandable to 60+ isn't it? That would instinctively a little too much for Sunderland, I agree 48k feels about right - Pride Park could go to approx 47k which would feel a few too many as well!
    • #178

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wakeytom View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To be honest I think the Amex is a great size and actually I think in a way its easier to fill a smaller stadium in the fact that there is a fear of not buying a ticket when its 30k whereas for 48k you have a much better chance, so you probably actually get more with the smaller ground.
      This is a very good point. The Amex is, in fact, just about perfect for us in terms of the total number of seats. Could be greedy for a few thousand more during the best of times but then at other times we'd be better off without them.
      The BHAFC forum is utter shite. They literally talk about everything except their own football club on there.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •