Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not confident about next season. Possible bed wetting fodder.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's the taking part that counts.

larus

With the fixture list out today and seeing the teams. It's kinda put doubt in my mind about how this coming season is going to turn out.

Aswell as our track record when it comes to buying players too. Since getting into the premier league you would think it would be easier to attract more players, yet in our case thats not the way it's turned out.
Sure we're scouting around Australia which in my opinion arent good enough and other places but the players we have seem to be interested in either don't want to come to us or we're not willing to pay the going rate for players.

I honestly believe we're in for a rude awakening this season if money isn't spent and i can quite easy seeing us being the whipping boys of the premier league.

Now i will probably get the hardcore elite right wing Brighton fan calling me a bed wetter or whatever but hey such is life. I just hope i am forced to eat humble pie and we finish in a respectable position.

Really!! WTF has someone's political views got to do with the albion squad or your wet sheets.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I wouldn't say being a touch wary of some of those fixtures is necessarily bed-wetting. It's going to be a tough season and we, both the players and the fans, are going to have to handle the transition from being big fish in a small pond to small fish in an ocean.

I'm just going to enjoy the ride. Whatever is meant to happen will happen and all we can do is support the team whilst it happens.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We need a right back too.

We've got two good right backs: Bruno and Rosenoir. Both vastly experienced. So we could use a younger reserve?

But a second striker with pace and central defender would really help. A left-sided defensive midfielder is where we could strengthen.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He's right, our recruitment under Hughton is abysmal.
Kayal, Hemed, Knocky, Duffy,Rosenior, Murray, Bong, Maenpaa.
Awful.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
We are gunna struggle. At least the odds aren't high that we'll excel in the Premier League. Anything from 17th place and above is a success. Anything less is what's expected, realistically.

But can't we enjoy it all the same? I know I'm going to, even if we don't win loads of our games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be a potential bedwetter until we have signed SOME forwards proven at this level. If Tammy Abraham or any other young loanee who hasn't played at this level is our number one target I think I may start bed wetting right now. I'm not sure attempting to achieve a 0-0 draw in every game is the way to do this as our current forward line is definitely not up to the job imo :smile:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nah - You don't get frightened by it.

You accept there will be 3 or 4 absolute hammerings along the way and that you will need to try and frustrate the life out of some teams and that the football won't be pretty but you also remember that to stay up you only need to average roughly only a point per game, so in effect one win every 3 games and you just savour every victory that you pick up then you enjoy it more.

It's like chasing a play off place where you are competing against 8 teams to stay up

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Enjoy people, I know i will regardless of how it goes.

Trust in Tony, he will never let us down.

el punal

With the fixture list out today and seeing the teams. It's kinda put doubt in my mind about how this coming season is going to turn out.

Aswell as our track record when it comes to buying players too. Since getting into the premier league you would think it would be easier to attract more players, yet in our case thats not the way it's turned out.
Sure we're scouting around Australia which in my opinion arent good enough and other places but the players we have seem to be interested in either don't want to come to us or we're not willing to pay the going rate for players.

I honestly believe we're in for a rude awakening this season if money isn't spent and i can quite easy seeing us being the whipping boys of the premier league.

Now i will probably get the hardcore elite right wing Brighton fan calling me a bed wetter or whatever but hey such is life. I just hope i am forced to eat humble pie and we finish in a respectable position.

Well, the humble pie bit will have to wait until April/May 2018. You, me, and everyone else not connected with the club, will not have a clue as to who is being targeted as a possible signing. The other thing to bear in mind is that these are very early days regarding who is joining us - expect pen to paper jobs around July and later is the norm, at least publicly. My advice? Relax and enjoy the ride, we've done the hard bit, mission accomplished, we are in the Premier League, savour it. :albion2:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Sure we're scouting around Australia which in my opinion arent good enough and other places.

So far we've been linked with players who play for Chelsea, Fenerbahçe, Milan, Derby, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool, Man City, Le Havre, Melbourne Victory, Hertha Berlin, Ludogorets, and Valencia which in my opinion aren't GOOD ENOUGH.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I will be a potential bedwetter until we have signed SOME forwards proven at this level.

What we need is the sort of proven striker who's scored recently in the Prem against Man City (on 2 occasions), Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

Glenn Murray.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What we need is the sort of proven striker who's scored recently in the Prem against Man City (on 2 occasions), Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea.

Glenn Murray.

I love Glenn but we cannot rely on him for a season again. Palace and Bournemouth moved him on for a reason. He cannot be our main man this season imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Don't be such a knicker-wetting surrender-weasel.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I love Glenn but we cannot rely on him for a season again. Palace and Bournemouth moved him on for a reason. He cannot be our main man this season imo.

Hey Icy. Just teasing. AS EVER.

Of course we're looking to sign another striker(s). We're being linked with enough. But don't underestimate GM or his track record.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hey Icy. Just teasing. AS EVER.

Of course we're looking to sign another striker(s). We're being linked with enough. But don't underestimate GM or his track record.

Glenn will certainly have a part to play and remains one of my all time favourite Albion players!

A close season without you "correcting" me wouldn't be the same :wink:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
All will be well .No need for fear .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here