Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So how many times have you already been asked by other clubs fan to get a ticket for them?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I'll start, five minutes after the fixture announcement I had a Man City fan who I hardly know tapping me up for a ticket.

They were given short thrift.

Can you give someone 'long thrift' ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
None, and I have only ever been asked once in the past, the first time we played Newcastle in the FA cup, at the Amex. I politely told them we had to buy our own cup tickets, as they weren't included in the season ticket.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have a Geordie Liverpool fan friend who seems to imply that he wants to sit in the North Stand, in my seat, when we play the 'pool. I'll probably get to about 5 games this season, but I won't hand my seat to a rival fan. No chanceroonie.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A Giraffe probably can.

I don't think the thread starter will be happy that you think he might go around giving long thrift to all and sundry. Not without protection that is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I've already been paid twice over for my season ticket having sold on the big six home games :smile:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Definition of "shrift":

"A shrift is a penance (a prescribed penalty) imposed by a priest in a confession in order to provide absolution, often when the confessor was near to death."

And today I've learnt someone new.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've already been paid twice over for my season ticket having sold on the big six home games :smile:

Booo!

You sound like my Arsenal supporting mate who paid for a good slice of his season tickets by selling on his cup final tickets.

In reply to the OP, I have a couple of mates who already know that they can have a relevant ticket provided Mrs T isn't using it, but nobody else has been stupid enough to try to grease me up for a result, because they know that no amount of grease will lubricate my dry shrivelled old . . . . (no, don't be stupid) . . . .peanut of a heart.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
None, not one, my friends who support Chelsea, eldest Ham and others are intelligent enough to know that I am not the ticket office, and that I will be using my own ticket for the respective games.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Just been asked by a Man Utd supporting colleague! My answer - 'Yeah right, last home game of the season, it'll be be well easy that'. I then shook my head and walked away muttering something very rude under my breath as i did. :facepalm:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Booo!

You sound like my Arsenal supporting mate who paid for a good slice of his season tickets by selling on his cup final tickets.

In reply to the OP, I have a couple of mates who already know that they can have a relevant ticket provided Mrs T isn't using it, but nobody else has been stupid enough to try to grease me up for a result, because they know that no amount of grease will lubricate my dry shrivelled old . . . . (no, don't be stupid) . . . .peanut of a heart.

I was joking, the people I go with would love me for a big six fan sitting next to them for the relevant game :lolol:

I have waited a long long time for this and however pear shaped or brilliant it may be I will be there as often as I can be.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was joking, the people I go with would love me for a big six fan sitting next to them for the relevant game :lolol:

I have waited a long long time for this and however pear shaped or brilliant it may be I will be there as often as I can be.

Apologies. :bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
None, not one, my friends who support Chelsea, eldest Ham and others are intelligent enough to know that I am not the ticket office, and that I will be using my own ticket for the respective games.

Quite. It seems that quite a few of NSCers have friends who are none-too-bright. I've not been asked for a ticket and don't expect to be asked for any.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

In my defence, or rather in the defence of my friend, he knows that my second season ticket is not always in use as it's down to the luck of when home fixtures fall and when my daughter is with me.

I hope you find it within your heart to excuse him in light of this extra information.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here