Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

JAMES TROISI - Melbourne Victory Forward - Negotiations intensify

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/james-troisi-is-bound-for-europe-after-revealing-that-victory-talks-are-dead/news-story/0c80364d4f28dfea4ed902ab03d6a785

JAMES Troisi has confirmed that talks with Melbourne Victory have broken down, as he appears headed for a return to Europe.
The Socceroos attacker looks set to join Premier League newcomers Brighton, with negotiations intensifying this week.
Victory and Troisi’s representatives were in talks over a marquee contract and while figures were discussed verbally, the player said no formal offer was made.
Troisi, who played 90 minutes in the Socceroos’ 4-0 loss to Brazil on Tuesday, said regular games were the main prerequisite when deciding his new home.
“Not yet, a few bits and pieces (are) happening. I’ll focus on the Confeds and sign after that,’’ Troisi said.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't like to form a strong opinion on a player before seeing them a couple of times in the flesh, but from the 6 or 7 times I've seen him in A-League games I'm not hopeful.

Poor decision making. Loves a stupid long shot from 35 yards when others are better placed. As I commented when his name was mentioned before, he reminded me of Gary Gardner.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watch a lot of A League and he is one of the stars of the league and certainly knows where the goal is.

That said that isn't saying a lot. The quality of the league is getting better but on the whole its probably similar quality to the 3rd or 4th division over here.

As I said Troisi is one of the better players but premier league quality?? Doubtful.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I don't like to form a strong opinion on a player before seeing them a couple of times in the flesh, but from the 6 or 7 times I've seen him in A-League games I'm not hopeful.

Poor decision making. Loves a stupid long shot from 35 yards when others are better placed. As I commented when his name was mentioned before, he reminded me of Gary Gardner.

The Aussies seem to agree with you:
James.PNG

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I lived in Melbourne for 2 years from 2012-2014 when Troisi was on loan there from Atlanta. He was unplayable, then made the switch to Juve and never got a game.

This season he has been AWFUL. A-League below average standard.

Now he's useless, no pace and poor decision making and VERY lazy.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
SBS.AU report today.
"Sources in UK claim we have pulled out after Troisi sought more than double the $12,000 a week offer made to his management".

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Hope that's right, don't care if he's a fellow countryman, he's rubbish!

Only want Aussies if they are of Paul Reid quality thanks very much.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm not surprised, that's 'only' about £7k a week that we're offering!

Some players in league one will be on that!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The article on SBS says that whilst their may have been first team opportunities for him, we were likely looking to loan him out in view of an on sale! Gets weird!

It's understood that while Troisi would have been in contention to push for first team selection, the club were also weighing the option of loaning him out with a view to an on-sale.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here