Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2017-18 Fixtures [Home to Man City - first game]

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah.

'United' and 'City' are (currently, if not historically) THE 'United' and 'City'.

Everybody (bar a supporter of one of the other clubs named United or City) would immediately understand who you were referring to.

I tend to agree. I'd save the moans for situations where commentators refer to "United" when there are two teams on the pitch called United! Day to day, we all know exactly which team we are referring to when calling them "United".

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
October holiday out of the window
I know many of us run for the sun over the international break during the first two weeks of October, missing the away game that is either before or after the international matches . Not this year. Arsenal away (will be moved to either Sunday or more likely Monday 2 October) and then Everton at home on the 14 October means no 14 day gap.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Our last home game in the top division was of course against...Manchester City. We were relegated when Kevin Reeves floating header went in at the North Stand. I remember standing in the North afterwards, feeling numb, but never thought it would be 34 years until we could return.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I've just noticed as well, on a purely personal/selfish note, that our away game at Newcastle (where I live) is when I may well be back down south for Christmas, and the closest game to my birthday, when I will be in Newcastle, is away to sodding Southampton.

Who do I write to in order to get those two switched?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've just noticed as well, on a purely personal/selfish note, that our away game at Newcastle (where I live) is when I may well to be back down south for Christmas, and the closest game to my birthday, when I will be in Newcastle, is away to sodding Southampton.

Who do I write to in order to get those two switched?

No need to write to anyone given how closely the club monitor NSC these days. I imagine changes are already being made that will make things more convenient for you.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No need to write to anyone given how closely the club monitor NSC these days. I imagine changes are already being made that will make things more convenient for you.

:lolol:

Perfect - now that's Premier League service.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Bring it on. (I may regret saying that as the season goes on)

However I feel like a child on Christmas Eve. Home form is key & beating the likes of Stoke, Buuuuurnley, Palace away.

Easier said than done but the likes of Bournemouth, Palace have stayed up ....

Another roller coaster season supporting the Albion begins ..... :albion2:

Nah.

'United' and 'City' are (currently, if not historically) THE 'United' and 'City'.

Everybody (bar a supporter of one of the other clubs named United or City) would immediately understand who you were referring to.

Can't agree. But I'm the sort of pedant who expects pundits to make it clear that when they refer to "Barcelona" they are not referring to Bevendean Barcelona.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Our first 12 games we only play 1 of the big 6 teams (Man City)
As I said in an earlier post personally think the fixture list as worked out very well for us

Oooops just seen we've got Arsenal as well in first 12 fixtures
Still a good start though to the season in regards to getting points on the board early on

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's weird when you look at a fixture list and you look at Newcastle as one of the less difficult matches.

For me it doesn't matter when you have to play teams you know you need to pick up points to stay up. For me the only thing I wanted but didn't get was all the difficult matches before the transfer window closes - Simply because I would want the full squad to be in place when the ones where your more likely to pick up points come along.

However, all in all, you have to play them sometime and that's the reason you want to be in this league. To pit your wits against the best.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So most of the early posters got it right with just a couple 'look at me' mugs :)

I like the start. Get initial nerves out the way and then 2-6 are nice games where we'll learn what kind of season we're likely to have.

That finish though is super tough.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Our first 12 games we only play 1 of the big 6 teams (Man City)
As I said in an earlier post personally think the fixture list as worked out very well for us

Oooops just seen we've got Arsenal as well in first 12 fixtures
Still a good start though to the season in regards to getting points on the board early on

Looked at our final 2 games against Man U and Liverpool and thought thats a bit tough, then saw Huddersfields run in....OUCH!!!

Chelsea
Everton
Man City
Arsenal

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Those last ten games...wowsers.

On a purely selfish note I'm gutted about the xmas/new years fixtures. I should be back from 23rd dec - 3rd jan. The two home games I can make are against bloody Watford and Bournemouth(yes, yes, I know we all go for the Albion but it would have been nice to experience a bit of the glamour) while the away games are against Chelsea (no chance of a ticket) and Newcastle on new years eve(newcastle on new years eve! thats ridiculous!). If the premier league could see their way to switching those fixtures I'd be mighty grateful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here