Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive fire in London - Grenfell Tower in Shepherds Bush

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can't stand Theresa May, I hope she resigns and is never heard from again. However, to suggest she doesn't care less about 30 people burned to death or the survivors in hospital is, in my opinion, pretty vindictive not to mention very likely untrue. Yes, she is massively out of touch, extremely unfit for her role but heartless over what has happened. I sincerely doubt that.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You'll note that The Guardian use the TABLOID tactic of putting the (refuted) CLAIM in single quotes in the headline to make it look like a FACT.

And now The Guardian has now changed headline from "victim's relative" to "victim's friend"...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I mean why on EARTH would you facilitate ghouls by posting a link to 'We're not going to make it' - Harrowing final messages sent by residents trapped in Grenfell Tower blaze'. Hopefully an error of judgement that will be deleted in the interests of common decency. Let the ghouls find that link for themselves if they're really that interested, not via NSC.

don't be an end of a bell all your life buddy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
don't be an end of a bell all your life buddy

Care to explain further why it's in any way helpful or healthy to point posters on a football message board towards a link labelled 'Harrowing final messages sent by residents trapped in Grenfell Tower blaze'? And why somebody who points out it's an error in judgement at best, and just plain sick at worst gets labelled a bellend? Says WAY more about you than it does about me 'buddy'

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I can't stand Theresa May, I hope she resigns and is never heard from again. However, to suggest she doesn't care less about 30 people burned to death or the survivors in hospital is, in my opinion, pretty vindictive not to mention very likely untrue. Yes, she is massively out of touch, extremely unfit for her role but heartless over what has happened. I sincerely doubt that.

Agree with this.

I am sure she is horrified - as any human must be. She is just way way out of her depth right now, and has been for a while.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
The Queen managed to meet the victims and local people, why can't May?

Because the queen is supposed to be apolitical and is revered by many in this country, just look at the photos of her today and the respect shown to her by everyone. Theresa May is a different kettle of fish and if you saw the rough ride given to the popular labour mayor Sadiq Khan, just imagine what kind of reception Theresa May would have got. People are rightly angry and the PM would have got the thick end of it. Far better to avoid a bunfight and meet emergency workers and the injured in hospital. I think she's done the right thing given everything else that she's dealing with at this time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This really is tiresome... she visited the emergency services on site yesterday and victims in hospital this morning... in the meantime, she is trying to form a government, write a Queen's Speech, begin Brexit negotiations, and manage the government's response to this current disaster and the recent terrorist attacks. But you carry on attacking her... it is really helpful.

100% this. I wish people would give her a f ucking break in a job none of us can remotely begin to understand the stresses of.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Care to explain further why it's in any way helpful or healthy to point posters on a football message board towards a link labelled 'Harrowing final messages sent by residents trapped in Grenfell Tower blaze'? And why somebody who points out it's an error in judgement at best, and just plain sick at worst gets labelled a bellend? Says WAY more about you than it does about me 'buddy'

nope, not interested , cheers bud

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
100% this. I wish people would give her a f ucking break in a job none of us can remotely begin to understand the stresses of.

If a leader can't handle those stresses they shouldn't be leader, and it is becoming blindingly obvious that she can't handle it in any way, shape or form.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybot is just not equipped to deal with 'the public'. She has all the empathy, warmth and natural charisma of a tinned pilchard, and is utterly incapable of spontaneous human interaction. She knows this, her advisors know this. So they swapped one potential PR disaster for a lesser one, and kept her well away.

Probably best.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Not quite this but I do wish people would leave May out of this as it is becoming a tiresome sideshow. We have a mammoth tragedy seemingly affecting immigrants and the working class, a blog post from residents that horrifically predicted just this event, a leader of the local council who won't confirm that the block will be replaced with more suitable social housing and blamed residents for the lack of sprinklers and loads and loads of other tower blocks carrying alarmingly similar risks, chock full of angry, worried, poor residents.

That is horrifying, political and difficult enough to come to terms with without wondering where Theresa May is going to turn up next. Let her sort out the mess she's made of the election and let the fire service, police, judiciary and medical staff sort out this disgusting mess.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not quite this but I do wish people would leave May out of this as it is becoming a tiresome sideshow. We have a mammoth tragedy seemingly affecting immigrants and the working class, a blog post from residents that horrifically predicted just this event, a leader of the local council who won't confirm that the block will be replaced with more suitable social housing and blamed residents for the lack of sprinklers and loads and loads of other tower blocks carrying alarmingly similar risks, chock full of angry, worried, poor residents.

That is horrifying, political and difficult enough to come to terms with without wondering where Theresa May is going to turn up next. Let her sort out the mess she's made of the election and let the police, judiciary and medical staff sort out this disgusting mess.

Exactly , although the anger felt by a lot of people will boil over soon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here