Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive fire in London - Grenfell Tower in Shepherds Bush

All the politicising of this tradegy is really quite tiresome, and grubby.

It's down to building regs.

The materials were either not up to specification or the specification was wrong.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Building Regulations are Builing Regulations and have to be followed regardless of whether the builing is private residential, council residential, commercial or industrial. The wealth of the occupant has no sway on these regulations. I think it will transpire that regulations in respect of rain screen cladding to high rise buildings will be found to be inadequate.

quite, and i expect it will come to light that the cladding is used on various other modern new constructions, likey the sort sold to wealthy individuals. there isnt a special "poor persons" external building insulation material. the general concerns that appear to have been in play for some time about the building are another matter, and one wonders why the tenant led TMO has been neglectful, but surely its not because the residents are "poor".

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
good for you and your class war.....its your democratic right to push class war into the mix of this tragedy......its the right of everyone else to say you are a cockwomble for doing so and quite disgusting
but did you work out which brighton fans you were referring to when you said " incredible that any Brighton fan would condemn the protests"......you decided to go a bit silent on this question for some reason

Whilst watching the news report on the Kensington protest my wife asked why are some of those protestors covering their faces, I explained to her what I thought the reason was. Corbyns boot boys, agent provacateurs or members of militant, momentum or whatever their pseudonym is currently. Did I believe that there were many or any occupants of the 'Tower' there, no not really. Grief turning to anger is a natural phenomenon, it is being hijacked and stoked by those who have another agenda, whilst the real victims of this dreadful tragedy will slowly pass into the background and afde from public memory.
A little reported fact on the 'Tower' coming neither from the media nor those on the left, was that there were a number of properties within the 'Tower' that had been bought by the occupants, many had lived there for a long time and were far from the poor and needy as is being widely reported.
These tragedies should be without political comment and above points scoring of Westminster which will have moved on shortly leaving many to pick up their lives and move on.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Can we have that in English? I would genuinely like to clarify what you mean.

You are quite odd and aggressive and have a very strange attack mentality .....this is shown by the ridiculous numerous arguments you have with other NSC members.....its sad you simply cant get on with people i will refuse to engage with you on this thread...you are simply too odd and angry

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Building Regulations are Builing Regulations and have to be followed regardless of whether the builing is private residential, council residential, commercial or industrial. The wealth of the occupant has no sway on these regulations. I think it will transpire that regulations in respect of rain screen cladding to high rise buildings will be found to be inadequate.

The regs do exist. They are just often not enforced or not followed due to ignorance. Often on a new build there will be a 3rd party warranty provider who will double check everything (to cover their own backside).

What's required is tougher enforcement and some kind of whistleblower procedure so that those involved in the design and construction process can flag up concerns.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You are quite odd and aggressive and have a very strange attack mentality .....this is shown by the ridiculous numerous arguments you have with other NSC members.....its sad you simply cant get on with people i will refuse to engage with you on this thread...you are simply too odd and angry

Tw@

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Are you not aware that that is an exact description of yourself?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The issue is we don't know if the report suppressed by Gavin Barwell recommended changes to improve fire safety because the report was suppressed.

heres the report i believe you refer to. i dont know why its being said to be surpressed when its public. and i havent read th legislation refered to by the article mentions "private sector landlords" which wouldnt cover this building. why public and private landlord should be considered differently i do not know, that point isn't raised by the Guardian.

Last edited:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
actually yes it is....im a tory not a momentum lying terrorist supporting ****

You have a short memory. Or did over 700 people NOT get blown to pieces by the UDA and the UDF. Both terrorist groups that the DUP spawned and supported during the troubles, who could soon be a pivotal swing vote in our parliamentary process?
Sorry, I know this whole thing is going to end up in a political point scoring binfest which I feel is so disrespectful to those lost and those grieving, but your comment is just too ridiculous to for me to ignore.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All the politicising of this tradegy is really quite tiresome, and grubby.

It's down to building regs.

The materials were either not up to specification or the specification was wrong.

Politics isn't just about that rabble in the Houses of Parliament. It's about much more. At a very basic level it's about speaking out and being heard. The residents spoke out numerous times and were not listened to. This is politics; it really can be this simple.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Are you not aware that that is an exact description of yourself?

yes it is, i am fully aware, its the same
yet i am not a hypocrite ****.....i speak what i mean and if some people dont like it so be it.....i wont change my stance every now and then like clampy as change my position to suit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here