Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive fire in London - Grenfell Tower in Shepherds Bush

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Exactly , although the anger felt by a lot of people will boil over soon

Protesters have 'entered' Kensington Town Hall... on Sky News now. Not looking good.

edit: actually although lots of clearly angry people - it appears to be all speeches/verbal protests rather than anything physical

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Protesters have 'entered' Kensington Town Hall... on Sky News now. Not looking good.

edit: actually although lots of clearly angry people - it appears to be all speeches/verbal protests rather than anything physical

Yep. It was showing live on the BBC news... the protestors were blaming the police from stopping people from entering the building to try and save trapped people. Lots of emotion - not so much logic it would appear.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Can't say I blame them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sometimes, just sometimes, people action is the only way to get answers so I can fully understand the actions they are taking. However, and it is always a worrying question, how many are there as agitators? People that are just there for a fight and have nothing to do with the area? I am fully behind the community, but not those that may be there for a fight.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Hardly a riot! If anything it's pretty dignified considering what's happened is horrific.

People want some answers & I can't say I blame them.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Not quite this but I do wish people would leave May out of this as it is becoming a tiresome sideshow. We have a mammoth tragedy seemingly affecting immigrants and the working class, a blog post from residents that horrifically predicted just this event, a leader of the local council who won't confirm that the block will be replaced with more suitable social housing and blamed residents for the lack of sprinklers and loads and loads of other tower blocks carrying alarmingly similar risks, chock full of angry, worried, poor residents.

That is horrifying, political and difficult enough to come to terms with without wondering where Theresa May is going to turn up next. Let her sort out the mess she's made of the election and let the fire service, police, judiciary and medical staff sort out this disgusting mess.

Agree with this. Can't stand May and she's played a difficult hand about as badly as anyone could imagine, but she's largely an irrelevance to all this this. There is neither symbolic nor practical value to having her involved in this increasingly messy and tragic situation.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Sometimes, just sometimes, people action is the only way to get answers so I can fully understand the actions they are taking. However, and it is always a worrying question, how many are there as agitators? People that are just there for a fight and have nothing to do with the area? I am fully behind the community, but not those that may be there for a fight.

It's ripe for the opportunists to go on a looting spree. Ironically if it hadn't been for that stupid cladding blunder they were living in newly refurbished homes in the wealthiest part of London. A lot of people who work in the area like the police, fire brigade and NHS workers have to commute because they cant afford to live there. It's being promoted as a direct attack on the poor and the Muslim community which it wasn't.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The police have it in-hand. Standing back at a perimeter, not wishing to inflame.

Poor choice of words there fella

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It's ripe for the opportunists to go on a looting spree. Ironically if it hadn't been for that stupid cladding blunder they were living in newly refurbished homes in the wealthiest part of London. A lot of people who work in the area like the police, fire brigade and NHS workers have to commute because they cant afford to live there. It's being promoted as a direct attack on the poor and the Muslim community which it wasn't.

I wonder if Crystal Palace are now having a review of their stadium.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Watching Sky, it isn't looking good, having been in London in those riots a few years back I can see this turning nasty and agitators taking control.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
They want an independent investigation into the council, contractors, plans etc.

One man called it corporate man slaughter. Based on reports so far, it's negligence at best. These people deserve answers.

Can you imagine the sound, the scenes the smells and the screams.

Authorities must of known there would be severe backlash on this .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not surprised.

There does appear to have a been issues with communication and the organisation surrounding the fall out.

Beyond the amazing emergency services - it's a little rabbit in headlights.

I know the situation is unprecedented but the anger is real.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I understand the frustration but I don't like the way some people are pointing the finger at the emergency services for killing people. The fire service and police could only do what they thought was safe at the time.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I understand the frustration but I don't like the way some people are pointing the finger at the emergency services for killing people. The fire service and police could only do what they thought was safe at the time.

Who is doing that? I've seen nothing but absolute praise for the emergency services.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here