Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Silly haircut, so can fvck right off

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I imagine it's all more complicated than we can even begin to understand and nowhere near as simple as we all thought. Loads of dosh, some great players incoming, nah it's gonna be way more difficult than that!

We are not Bournemouth you know, but I'm sure by the start of the season we will have some added quality but hopefully not old journeymen from Hull, Sunderland and Boro. I don't see us spending anywhere near 10 million on a player though.

Fully agree with you ..my comment was a bit tongue in cheek :)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Where's @Dr No when you need him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think this would be more appropriate today

no.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A few seasons ago yes but we have now set the bar quite a bit higher

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A decent Championship player - no more, no less.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I can appreciate the concerns over Boyd, citing his lack of assists etc is a tad harsh given that Dyche employs him as a defensive winger. If you need someone to work incredibly hard and ensure that a dangerman winger doesn't have much space then he's your man. I suspect you've already got enough quality out wide so I'd be surprised if he went to Brighton. He's a great pro who would do a great job in the Championship, sadly I think his time at the top level is done.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Huddlestone/Boyd/Snodgass, what do those three players all have in common? Plenty of recent Premier League experience is what. Something that we are going to need oodles of, if we are going to survive more than one season in our new division.

How much does Will Hughes have? answer, none. A player who, promising though he was, has never made the Derby first team on a weekly basis.

I have no problem with any of these players but the only one I would consider is Snodgrass however we are not a young squad and I think that will become abundantly clear so for me it is important to get younger players with premier League experience.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It doesn't matter, who a player supports, or who he has played for in the past. Crystal Palace are simply a rival football club, no more no less.

They aren't even natural rivals of ours, just a manufactured nonsense that arose over one match against them back in the late seventies.

If you are intent on hating anybody, make it that lot about 50 miles along the coast.

Really? Best atmosphere this coming season is likely to be the match against Palace. As for rivalry, they are our closest rivals and yes, the Stamford Bridge game intensified the rivalry but we were still rivals before that. By the way, the match was not the late 70s, 1976 to be precise.

Out of interest, who do you consider to be our natural rivals?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
It doesn't matter, who a player supports, or who he has played for in the past. Crystal Palace are simply a rival football club, no more no less.

They aren't even natural rivals of ours, just a manufactured nonsense that arose over one match against them back in the late seventies.

If you are intent on hating anybody, make it that lot about 50 miles along the coast.

Well I've seen it all now.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I can't be arsed to read the rest of this thread but in response to the OPs question - Boyd would be a crap shout.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Naaaah

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Why do you keep repeating this as though it's a fact? I have answered this several times to you and others as well. ALL rivalries are manufactured in that they arise either due to proximity or a set of factors that increases the intensity of matches, i.e. briefly Chesterfield, Orient etc. Some like Palace were almost inevitable as we have played them more than most other teams, indeed many many times more than Portsmouth who you keep wittering on about. We have rarely played Portsmouth but we have played Palace loads. Palace is our nearest league club (disregarding Crawley) being 7 miles closer than Portsmouth. You forget that Brighton is a Sussex-wide supported club and for those of us in the east of the county we barely know of Pompey's existence whereas London seems far more local. Pompey are only ever going to be interested in Southampton. The Palace rivaly came about more than 40 years ago, mid seventies not late, and yet every time it's mentioned that we are rivals you complain. How much longer would it take for us to actually achieve rivalry in your book? We've played Pompey only 43 times in our history but Palace a whopping 96 times. There you go, more than double the rivalry.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You're not that Arsenal fan who suddenly decided to support the Albion and wrote Gullhanger are you? He tried using the same argument. First Albion game I saw was against Malcolm Allison's Palace and from then on I clearly remember us going through the third and second division and up to the top flight with them as our main rivals. Mullery and Venables, Ward and Jim Canon, Hughton and Gerry Ryan, Challis, all manner of flash points and you come along and suggest it was a manufactured nonsense rivalry. I can only assume you weren't following the Albion in those days :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here