Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stone Roses -Wembley Sat

Anyone going?

What train we on? Where we drinking? Blah blah ....although to answer my tounge in cheek question I'll probably take the usual England evening match route and make a 10 o clock start and go via the west end and have a bite in The Globe etc.

Support is Blossoms and (I'm so excited I'm gonna wet my self) Sleaford Mods.

Also, bit of help needed, also allegedly on the support is The G-O-D. Anyone got any footage or anything they can post on here please. (Don't waste your time typing GOD into Google or YouTube, trust me!)

If you are going, keep yer eyes open and have a great night.

[footnote: we all know The Stone Roses have "had their day" "shouldn't have got back together" and "Ian Brown can't sing" now that's out the way there's no further need to post it!]

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
I'm going. I have no idea what the set list will be but would hope to hear a few choice tracks from Second Coming. Good Times and Tears would be great.

An issue I have is getting home afterwards as the last train out of Paddington is 2330. Might have to leave early!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Going to see Guns N Roses at the Olympic Stadium Friday night.

I'm going. I have no idea what the set list will be but would hope to hear a few choice tracks from Second Coming. Good Times and Tears would be great.

An issue I have is getting home afterwards as the last train out of Paddington is 2330. Might have to leave early!

You'll be on a tube by 10:45

There'll be plenty from both big albums although when I saw them in Manchester last year there was also a lot of earlier stuff. I was pleasently surprised to hear the beautiful 'Where Angels Play'

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Hi.......
http://www.gigwise.com/features/109515/who-are-the-god-a-brief-history-of-stone-roses-support-band

Hopefully that link works.....I did read a while back one of the G-O-D was in Brown's solo band, Wembley is a git, I was at the Joshua fight recently & the Sports bar & Grill is alright for beers & burgers
& has an overground train that only takes 10-15 minutes rather than being ages on the tube.
Seems like they always start with "Adored" & always play all the first album...few from second coming & will be obviously the new new stuff only a couple though i gues.....if suns out its gonna be great!
I was at Finsbury Pk couple years ago great night! Brown still cant sing but that doesn't matter!

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I found the volume level at Finsbury Park a bit low, to the point I had to tell some young uns behind me to shut the **** up as they were rabbiting to each other during the songs (is there anything worse?)

Its up there with someone recording the whole show on a phone/ipad while standing in front of you......we were pretty close to the front at Finsbury Park & sound was fine there.....Wembley sound should be good all round :)

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
I found the volume level at Finsbury Park a bit low, to the point I had to tell some young uns behind me to shut the **** up as they were rabbiting to each other during the songs (is there anything worse?)

By the way if anyone wants cheap beers there is a big weatherspoons right next to Baker Street Station...only a couple underground stops from Wembley!

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
You'll be on a tube by 10:45

There'll be plenty from both big albums although when I saw them in Manchester last year there was also a lot of earlier stuff. I was pleasently surprised to hear the beautiful 'Where Angels Play'

B Sides are often the best listen. 'Standing Here' is another one I have revisited recently. The second half on the song is quite beautiful!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Gutted I can't go to this, but saw them at the Eitihad last year and was up there as one of the best gigs I've been too. Really atmospheric with the rain and constant flares being let off, just went perfect with the music.
Bit like an England away game in the pubs before hand, and in the ground.

This is their last set list in Tokyo in April, so might be something like this:
I Wanna Be Adored
Elephant Stone
Sally Cinnamon
Mersey Paradise
(Song for My) Sugar Spun Sister
Bye Bye Badman
Shoot You Down
Begging You
Waterfall
Don't Stop
Elizabeth My Dear
Fools Gold
All for One
Love Spread
Made of Stone
She Bangs the Drums
Breaking into Heaven
This Is the One
I Am the Resurrection

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Going to Guns'n Roses on Friday and don't have the stamina for 2 in 2 days anymore.

But they were fantastic at the Etihad last year - very jealous of all those attending.

Legends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Saw Blossoms when they were one of the warm up acts for Courteeners at Old Trafford a few weeks back and they were BRILLIANT.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Seen The Roses at Spike Island 1990, Sheffield 1995, Heaton Park 2012, Finsbury Park 2013 and The Etihad 2016. Not going this time couldn't really afford it when tickets came out. But will have to make do with The Charlatans at Scarborough Open Air Theatre on Friday night instead.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
B Sides are often the best listen. 'Standing Here' is another one I have revisited recently. The second half on the song is quite beautiful!
Standing Here has always been one of my favourite Roses tunes.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here