Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proportional Representation

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Says far more about your old and jaundiced view than it says about them. With all due respect. Obviously.

You "think" the youth have worked it out

You "guess" I'm old

Clueless. With all due respect of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree, but it didn't do the Lib Dems any favours, which potentially makes it harder to agree coalitions with centre parties. Who wants to be the next Lib Dem party?

Nope , I've just checked and seats are assigned as I said .

What's an examoles?

How did you check, it doesn't exist yet! It could work in any number of ways. As I said, you could proportionally represent each county. Obviously you would still get some people who aren't represented, but it would be a lot more representative than the current system.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
How did you check, it doesn't exist yet! It could work in any number of ways. As I said, you could proportionally represent each county. Obviously you would still get some people who aren't represented, but it would be a lot more representative than the current system.

True proportional representation works with one vote per person in one superstate i.e the U.K. .

The more you break it into regions the less PR you're getting

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Did you skip and ignore the parts where the local representative is discussed then? They both have them.

I refer you to the post above this one by me re regions etc

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The youth have clearly been partially mobilised, and have clearly indicated what kind of country they want to live in. Respect for that.

If you're not technically old, how come you got to be so old so young?

How do you work that out? You think cause I don't rate the the political thought process of an 18 year old that I'm old ?

I'm sure there some real whizz kids out there but in general you're talking about kids just out of school or who are at Uni.

Not just the kids of today but any era they are still wet behind the ears in general

Even the young 100 years ago thought it would be glorious to off to war and fight the Germans in WW1

They found out the hard way that youthful exuberance didn't really cut it in the real world

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Nice creative accounting there.

SNP 59 Candidates 1,454,436 votes
UKIP 624 Candidates 3,881,129 votes

SNP Average votes per candidate 24651
UKIP Average votes per candidate 6220
Using true PR... SNP would have got 25 seats....and UKIP 83.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Proportional Representation would represent a fully mature democracy. Tragically, absolutely no chance of it happening in this country anytime in the foreseeable, short of an outright revolution, on account of all the historical vested interests. Still, giving the young people a genuine idealistic reason to get out of bed and go and vote is a start.
Hmmm, that's not quite true is it? In 2011 people had the chance to vote for a change of voting system - and they overwhelmingly decided to stick with FPTP. (Anyone remember that referendum?)

Quite a few people who didn't like FPTP said they were going to vote against the change because the proposed alternative wasn't full PR. I was in favour of the Alternative Vote, but I pleaded with the PR purists to vote for the change as that would at least get the ball rolling for them. I did say at the time that a rejection was simply going to be interpreted in the future as a vote for the status quo and that there was no desire for any voting system but FPTP - which is what has happened.

Anyone in favour of PR who didn't vote for the AV system in 2011 has only themselves to blame..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How do you work that out? You think cause I don't rate the the political thought process of an 18 year old that I'm old ?

I'm sure there some real whizz kids out there but in general you're talking about kids just out of school or who are at Uni.

Not just the kids of today but any era they are still wet behind the ears in general

Even the young 100 years ago thought it would be glorious to off to war and fight the Germans in WW1

They found out the hard way that youthful exuberance didn't really cut it in the real world

Sorry, don't care at all what age you are, you just seem psychically old and flabbly and jaundiced. Oh well, your problem to deal with :shrug:

Don't suppose you've tried seeking fulfilment through the Argus Comments section?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sorry, don't care at all what age you are, you just seem psychically old and flabbly and jaundiced. Oh well, your problem to deal with :shrug:

Don't suppose you've tried seeking fulfilment through the Argus Comments section?

Old and flabby ! How dare you . I've got a six pack !

And as it's so nice in the garden I'm going to drink it and bow out of this one .

Have fun .

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
On the point of FPTP and PR, I understand your point. But they didn't have little say in how the country is run, they've completely changed it.

Did they though? Correct me if I'm wrong but hadn't Cameron had already said he was going to have a referendum before the last general election?

Don't get me wrong the protest clearly worked in the fact UKIP were a one policy party and they achieved their policy. But we'll never know how much of an impact they actually had. Over 10m people voted to leave who didn't vote for them at the general election. You've got to think those that did vote for them would have been the safest leave voters going.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's already a thread on this

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Question has to be asked: just who ARE these bog-snorkelling DUP no-marks who somehow suddenly somehow got to play any kind of part in running our country? ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40255958

It's just pathetic.

Never ever been a clearer case made IMHO for Proportional Representation.

Surely having PR will make it more likely in future that the largest party will have to do deals with much smaller and/or batshit crazy parties?

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I would like to see PR as it would be fairer and perhaps more people would vote if they knew that whatever they choose counted.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Question has to be asked: just who ARE these bog-snorkelling DUP no-marks who somehow suddenly somehow got to play any kind of part in running our country? ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40255958

It's just pathetic.

Never ever been a clearer case made IMHO for Proportional Representation.

Fake news and myths about the DUP – and what you should really be concerned about
https://inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/dups-social-policies-arent-issue-follow-money/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here