Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has TM been playing us all?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Now I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist. I believe that man did land on the moon, there was nobody on the grassy knoll and we are not being run by reptiles. However, given all the mess we're now faced with over the Government and Brexit, I'm starting to wonder if these last 2 months haven't been, up to a point, pre-planned. Think about this: Dave Davis realises that Brexit will be much tougher than previously thought and likely to bring the government in charge down when the public see what we're faced with. He tells TM. What can they do? Well, as thing stand then the Tories are going to be firmly in control and therefore responsible. The only thing to do is call a snap election and try to get out of power. That seems impossible given that they are double-digits clear in the polls. But what if they made such a mess of the electioneering that people lost confidence in them and had to turn elsewhere? Given that they lurched from one disaster to another (U-turn after U-turn, alienating the core support of OAPs and middle-class parents, refusing to appear at debates, looking very uncertain and definitely not 'strong and stable') I just wonder if this was part of a pre-determined plan. And the fact is that it could very well have worked if it wasn't for Labour's 'promise the Earth' manifesto - and Diane Abbott.

OK, so it's a bit far-fetched - but I can't think of any other reason why the most efficient political machine that this country has ever seen suddenly became as unstable as a clown's car and as believable as Donald Trump in the witness box. Think about it for a second or two.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think we are genuinely short of good leaders at the moment, in any party. And ISIS has upped the ante across Europe so any leader is going to have a tough time.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell...what utter bollocks.

Particularly the part where you say 'the most efficient political machine that this country has ever seen'.

Just...what the actual f***?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Therese May is an efficient administrator but an absolutely appalling campaigner. She makes Dracula's bride seem like a warm, bubbly person and is impossible for people to relate to or form any sort of connection with on a personal level.

As politics is generally about people, I reckon that is all there is to know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just think TM has been found out. Totally unable to think on her feet under duress. Best get shot asap. Arrogance or complacency with no apparent game plan didn't help either.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The Tories haven't had a 30plus majority for 30 years,
Most efficient political machine, my arse

They voted Ian Duncan Smith, William Hague,and Michael Howard ,just think about that, Michael Howard, in as Party Leader, ffs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nah, it's down to overconfidence, a poor manifesto, U turns on a poor manifesto, May's failure to interact and empathise with the electorate and persisting with austerity when the public can see it impacting on education the NHS and social care.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Now I'm definitely not a conspiracy theorist. I believe that man did land on the moon, there was nobody on the grassy knoll and we are not being run by reptiles. However, given all the mess we're now faced with over the Government and Brexit, I'm starting to wonder if these last 2 months haven't been, up to a point, pre-planned. Think about this: Dave Davis realises that Brexit will be much tougher than previously thought and likely to bring the government in charge down when the public see what we're faced with. He tells TM. What can they do? Well, as thing stand then the Tories are going to be firmly in control and therefore responsible. The only thing to do is call a snap election and try to get out of power. That seems impossible given that they are double-digits clear in the polls. But what if they made such a mess of the electioneering that people lost confidence in them and had to turn elsewhere? Given that they lurched from one disaster to another (U-turn after U-turn, alienating the core support of OAPs and middle-class parents, refusing to appear at debates, looking very uncertain and definitely not 'strong and stable') I just wonder if this was part of a pre-determined plan. And the fact is that it could very well have worked if it wasn't for Labour's 'promise the Earth' manifesto - and Diane Abbott.

OK, so it's a bit far-fetched - but I can't think of any other reason why the most efficient political machine that this country has ever seen suddenly became as unstable as a clown's car and as believable as Donald Trump in the witness box. Think about it for a second or two.

We've all told you Jim....... stick to beer and keep off the whisky.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Jim D.........I get it. Do I win £5 ???

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-three-years-barred-Thatcher-s-funeral.html

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I had similar thoughts. May was a reamainer, & knows it's all going belly up. The brexiters won't blame their voting decision, but will blame the government.
Why else would she upset pensioners, parents and fox lovers? I get the feeling she wanted to throw the game.

Don't answer that!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Damn, thought this was going to be about Britain's favourite and wackiest comedian.
download.jpg

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I just think TM has been found out. Totally unable to think on her feet under duress. Best get shot asap. Arrogance or complacency with no apparent game plan didn't help either.

This - she's a dull, characterless, unimaginative, boring woman totally unsuited to any kind of modern leadership role. The fact that she ran/runs the country at the moment is a savage indictment of our political system and the sooner she buggers off the better. IMHO.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If it were a conspiracy, it wouldn't have been so that when Brexit happens she will not be blamed, it would have been so that when Brexit DOESN"T happen she will not be blamed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here