Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Season Ticket cards / package...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Will almost certainly mean that my seat will be empty if we are at home on August 12 as I will be on holiday when the new card arrives until the 12th (unless the ticket exchange opens I suppose).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have a bit of a blindspot with RFID type technology. Is there a small battery in the cards that could be getting near end of life now?

Nope, it's passive technology. The card scanner powers the RFID receiver. It's essentially just an antenna in a card.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have a bit of a blindspot with RFID type technology. Is there a small battery in the cards that could be getting near end of life now?

No. Not in a close proximity RFID card like this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

My Issue 1 season ticket stopped working on the Bristol City Home game last season, it was originally issued 1st season at the AMEX two friends have also gone this season. Hopefully I get a new ticket as this is te reason I blame on us not winning the league.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The cards clearly weren't PREMIER LEAGUE READY.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
About bloody time, mines battered and bruised and faded

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Will almost certainly mean that my seat will be empty if we are at home on August 12 as I will be on holiday when the new card arrives until the 12th (unless the ticket exchange opens I suppose).

I guess you will have to go home first to pick it up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks. "Barber Out!" it is then.

Too right. No new cards for 1901 members when everyone else is getting them smacks of arrogance knowing there are 4 more years of being tied in. :wink:

I did at least expert a new lanyard.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There was a small loophole in the transport system. In theory someone who has changed seats could pass there old season ticket on to a non-footballing associate who they could meet in town after the game. I have no idea if anyone has actually ever done this, but new cards all round would close this off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

If using it yourself you can go to a ticket window and get a paper ticket for the day for £5 (take ID). Not sure how this would work if you were planning on letting someone else use it though.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I skim read this and assumed it was the usual one for new ST holders only.

Bit miffed about this as I paid for a new one about 3 months ago :censored:

I still don't understand why they wait till the last possible moment to send these out.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12

I won't have time to go home first. I was going to give it to a relative. They will have to drive up to Horsham to pick up a key before I go away, and then again to get the post with the ticket.
Hopefully we won't have a home game on the 12th anyway,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here