Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adebayor on Sky Sports Transfer news

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Emmanuel Adebayor has said his move to Crystal Palace in 2016 was the "worst decision" of his career.

The 33-year-old former Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur forward joined Palace on a six-moth loan spell in January last year and was released at the end of that season after scoring just once in 15 appearances.

"I had some great experiences in England in clubs who are among the best in the country," Adebayor, who currently plays for Turkish side Istanbul Basaksehir, told British media.

"The only error that I made was to sign for Crystal Palace in January 2016."

To be fair I'm sure the feeling is probably mutual but made me laugh

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
Joining Palace...

...was apparently Adebayor's worst career decision.
This did make me chuckle. Imagine sitting on the bench at Selhurst every week. :(
"He once ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of his former club’s fans, headbutted a teammate during a match and reportedly blamed his own mother’s witchcraft for his poor form.
But none of those moments mark the worst decision of Emmanuel Adebayor‘s decade-long career in England – according to the man himself.
The 33-year-old has revealed that joining Crystal Palace was the worst thing he did."

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/emman...chester-city-tottenham-6703154/#ixzz4jniZTWgd

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are you reading this Stocko????

The Raver

Banned
Jun 9, 2017
He played a handful of games for Palace after spending most of the time on the bench and then was released, he's hardly going to be bigging them up is he?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The feeling is definitely mutual.
A total waste of money , and his "effort" was appalling.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The feeling is definitely mutual.
A total waste of money , and his "effort" was appalling.

I think we all told you this when you signed him,but, there was an awful lot of excitement among some of your supporters

I do feel for him a bit though, nobody should have to watch the utter toilet your team was serving up in the second half of that season.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was an utterly horrific signing, as most people on here observed at the time. Anyone with a quarter of a brain could tell you he's a lazy, expensive waste of skin, and that's EXACLY how it turned out. As forcasted by everyone.

Entirely predictable, except (hilariously) by CPFC2010.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This did make me chuckle. Imagine sitting on the bench at Selhurst every week. :(
"He once ran the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of his former club’s fans, headbutted a teammate during a match and reportedly blamed his own mother’s witchcraft for his poor form.
But none of those moments mark the worst decision of Emmanuel Adebayor‘s decade-long career in England – according to the man himself.
The 33-year-old has revealed that joining Crystal Palace was the worst thing he did."

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/emman...chester-city-tottenham-6703154/#ixzz4jniZTWgd

Put like that

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
One of the rare as rocking horse occasions I come out in sympathy with the Infidels.

Lazy money grabbing mercenary.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sadly, the lazy useless **** is the last one laughing (unless he gambles like an idiot!) he was hardly used at Spuds but was reportedly earning £100,000 a week!! for training with the kids and doing **** all ...............for £100,000 a week i could do that!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20170612-180004.png

The gift that keeps on......
Oh :ffsparr:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

That's the one I immediately thought of!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here