Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Kjaer Fenerbahce CB

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised anyone thinks next season the Albion will be fine with 3 'kids' and a German at centre back.

Our current CB traits are:-

- Finesse and short fuse.
- A blunt instrument.
- Long term serious injury.
- Frank Spencer's teutonic nephew.

They're all great, and between them bitched the Championship, with Stephens stood right on their toes.
But the one thing they're not is experienced.

If a centre back with 5+ years of Premier League knowledge and knowhow isn't available, then a fella with 60 International caps, World Cup, Euro, Champs & Europa League experience, under his belt, is exactly what the team needs.

Gluteus Maximus

Jul 10, 2003
Trumpton
From someone who has seen his career progress from club football in Denmark to middle ranking French and Italian teams - and seen him enough in a Denmark shirt, its a no from me. All 4 of our CB's are as good/better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From someone who has seen his career progress from club football in Denmark to middle ranking French and Italian teams - and seen him enough in a Denmark shirt, its a no from me. All 4 of our CB's are as good/better.

You've made [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] look an absolute mug now, although his rundown on our CB traits did bring a smile. :smile:

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
His team finished third and he was their 6th best player. He was a way off the top 50 players in the Super Lig.

The stats are an overall rating powered by loads of opta stats.

All stats considered, it's​ a no from me.
576f11326e10983f793ac1db2752994a.jpg

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ryan
Duffy - Kjaer - Dunk
Bruno - Stephens - Mooy - Bong
Knockaert - Musa
Abraham

Subs: Manepaa, Goldson, Gomez, Kayal, March, Groß, Muray​

:drool:
Are we allowed 3 loan players from other prem in teams in a matchday squad? Musa, Abraham & Gomez?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He may well be, but we don't have unlimited money to spend, and I'd imagine £7.5m would be a large chunk of our transfer budget.

We will be getting at least 100 million this season from the TV revenues alone. Of course we won't anywhere near that amount on players but £7.5 million would be perfectly manageable, if this story is true.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice. Wolfsburg and Lille were at the time two of the more successful and well-financed clubs in their respective leagues. He was excellent for Lille IMO.

Should be at his peak at 28. We should be happy with any signing with Kjaer's experience and pedigree.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We will be getting at least 100 million this season from the TV revenues alone. Of course we won't anywhere near that amount on players but £7.5 million would be perfectly manageable, if this story is true.

The fee would be manageable, but I think the wide consensus is we need a new GK, Left back/Right Back, another Centre Mid, a winger and at least 1 striker. Given that as you say we will be spending nowhere near 100 million in transfer fees when you consider wages and other expenses 7.5 million would be a large amount, plus the only person who has actually seen him play thinks he's average and no better than what we have!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Highly rated in Turkey... definitely worth having but ahead of Duffy and Dunk? Probably about the same.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ryan
Duffy - Kjaer - Dunk
Bruno - Stephens - Mooy - Bong
Knockaert - Musa
Abraham

Subs: Manepaa, Goldson, Gomez, Kayal, March, Groß, Muray​

:drool:

Please desist from posting things like this - it has given me a modest semi which is taking some time to return to flaccidity.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We were strong defending in the championship it's another level in the premership.

Agreed, far more tackles... not sure how our boys will adapt to Rugby Union either....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here