Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Stains, Leicester, Stoke, West Ham...... we wont be first choice but we have a reasonable chance of persuading a player except we probably pay less.

My guess is we will have incoming next week. Will it be Dembele (currently holidaying in Dubai)? Who knows?

I can’t see any of those actually pulling the trigger and getting the deal done for him . Southampton have Gabbiadini and Austin ahead of him, Leicester have enough , West Ham too imo , Stoke maybe but he’s not guaranteed to start there.

Showing interest is one thing , we seem to be the only club who have made some form of significant approach for him, albeit only with his agent at the moment .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I know some who would know if we were making enquiries on the Celtic end and we have not even contacted them, rumour was just made up by the Scottish press.
Thanks for replying. I've always thought the public nature of all this was not us at all, your comments reinforce it for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Celtic say it isn’t real. We say it isn’t real. Everyone therefore obviously believes it is real. Strange world

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Non of the top 6 need a Dembele and the other clubs reported to have shown interest are Everton with Alladyce, West Ham with Moyes, and Shampton with Pellegrino. All of these managers are fairly new into their jobs and haven't established themselves yet. Even these interested clubs are not going to be splashing out on wages in their current situations and will want to work with what they have under the new management.

Hughton is a well respected manager to play for and in a secure job, so we are in as good a position as we could be for Dembele to sign for us. That said with or without a new striker signing we could get more goals from who we have if the service improves as it did against Bournemouth. Dunk and Duffy should have had a hatful with the chances they have had so far this season, and Stephens and Propper should be on the scoresheet too. Decision making and the killer ball in the final third is as important than a new striker.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Andy Naylor on twitter reporting from CH's press conference this morning:

CH re: Dembele (again): "There has been huge speculation on this particular one. Categorically there hasn't been any communication between the two clubs."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

CH re: Dembele (again): "There has been huge speculation on this particular one. Categorically there hasn't been any communication between the two clubs."

if we are after him then wonder why there hasn't.

I don't think he wants to join us personally , too small. Wants a bigger club. Conjecture yes

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Doesn't mean we haven't spoken to his agent...........................

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

His SINGING is IMMINENT then :albion2: :rock: punk:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe we're in the process of selling our big Rangers fan to RANGERS to clear the way for negotiating to bring in a CELTIC player.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Doesn't mean we haven't spoken to his agent...........................

Yes, my thoughts entirely. I don't think that CH would come out with a deliberate lie, but then he doesn't have to. As you say, the clubs may indeed not be chatting, but CH did not say that anyone else wasn't involved. Of course it is also quite possible that CH meant that there has been absolutely no contact at any level, but then it would spoil our threads, if we could not speculate during transfer windows.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Sky sports News just showed a clip from Hughton's press conference....... It was a very telling....it's just speculation at the end... Wouldn't be surprised if Dembele is at Lancing now!

Did he take a wrong turn off the M8? :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here