Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Ha.

Good signing. Excellent young player, who I'd love the Albion to have signed.

But to credit Eddie with his 'development' when he's only trusted him to play about 300 minutes of first team football, is rather stretching it.

I didn't actually say Eddie developed him, more that he is now seeing him develop into the player he knew he could be...

Lewis Cook started our PL campaign and looked very good... Yes he has been down the pecking order, but he's also been out for a large part of the season through injury as well... Eddie never played his new signings for a considerable time... He believes in bedding players in on the training pitch thoroughly before they get near the starting XI

The only player that was given a huge go at the starting XI, straight away, was Jordan Ibe, and I believe that was purely because of the huge price tag on his head... Eddie's persistence was wrong though, IMO, as Ibe was pretty awful from the word go... He then vanished to the training pitch and we've barely seen anything from him since... Even Wilshire didn't command a start from the off...

Lewis Cook will be huge part of our side next year... That I have no doubt...

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I suspect this is bollocks.

1. It is says we are considering making a bid. But when have we ever let on what we are considering?
2. It's written by a Scottish journalist, but how would he know, if we are only considering it?
3. It's come from the Daily Mail.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I suspect this is bollocks.

1. It is says we are considering making a bid. But when have we ever let on what we are considering?
2. It's written by a Scottish journalist, but how would he know, if we are only considering it?
3. It's come from the Daily Mail.

Which is exactly why I don't put too much faith in any rumour, no matter the source. The club is consistently quiet about their affairs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The only player that was given a huge go at the starting XI, straight away, was Jordan Ibe, and I believe that was purely because of the huge price tag on his head... Eddie's persistence was wrong though, IMO, as Ibe was pretty awful from the word go... He then vanished to the training pitch and we've barely seen anything from him since...

Except when he came off the bench and completely turned the bloody game against us :facepalm:

The only time I've EVER since him do anything even remotely half decent. Unbelievable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be a superb signing, but I can't see them selling in January.

What makes you think Celtic wouldn't sell in January?

They're (obviously) out of the CL already, and have the SPL title sewn up, with or without him. They're cruising as it is, with only minimal contribution from him so far (4 SPL goals).

Not suggesting they will sell, or that we are even interested, but can see no reason why its especially unlikely that they would.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Except when he came off the bench and completely turned the bloody game against us :facepalm:

The only time I've EVER since him do anything even remotely half decent. Unbelievable.

Along similar lines, that £100k+ per week for Defoe, which was VALUE because he GUARANTEES YOU GOALS...

It has GUARANTEED ONE goal, thus far.. :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Along similar lines, that £100k+ per week for Defoe, which was VALUE because he GUARANTEES YOU GOALS...

It has GUARANTEED ONE goal, thus far.. :rolleyes:

Similar to a couple of seasons ago at QPR, when Charlie Austin climbed off his sickbed for his customary 1 game a season, scored twice to bring them back from 0-2 to 2-2, and then promptly retired back to the treatment room for the rest of the year.

We're CURSED

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

They're (obviously) out of the CL already, and have the SPL title sewn up, with or without him. They're cruising as it is, with only minimal contribution from him so far (4 SPL goals).

Not suggesting they will sell, or that we are even interested, but can see no reason why its especially unlikely that they would.
If that's the barometer of selling, why didn't they cash in, in the Summer. :lol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Because it's halfway through a season and they still have the Europa league to play in. To be honest perhaps it's not very likely they will sell to us at all, clubs with deeper pockets will be monitoring him as well I'd have thought.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Moussa Dembele ...

53883F40-6E9A-4042-8ED9-AAB729CDDD95.jpeg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Remember PB & TB, in whom we trust, will use all sorts of speculation about players publicly, to sometimes crack a deal under the radar with someone who wants more etc, we can show we can go elsewhere .... maybe?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here