Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky Sports News were all over it late last night so to me it seems as if the club have fed somebody this information to divert the attention away from the real target.not that I would know just the impression I get of the way we do deals.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Sky Sports News were all over it late last night so to me it seems as if the club have fed somebody this information to divert the attention away from the real target.not that I would know just the impression I get of the way we do deals.

seems to me the club are going out of their way to play this down - letting Bozza know that no offer even made. I would be very disappointed and surprised if the real target wasn't already signed and sealed after the summer fiasco.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Fits the profile of the type we would be interested in. Quick and powerful and at the right age. Could work for both parties in that he could score the goals we need over this year and maybe next and get a really big move and we get survival and the riches that brings whilst his price goes up.
That said i still have trouble thinking about us being linked to players like this.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
seems to me the club are going out of their way to play this down - letting Bozza know that no offer even made. I would be very disappointed and surprised if the real target wasn't already signed and sealed after the summer fiasco.

Sounds like both parties irked that this specific detail (an accepted £18m bid) was reported yesterday And sources from Celtic and Albion denied it/clarified it)

All the other reports (they're interested, talking, he's looking to leave) they haven't.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sounds like both parties irked that this specific detail (an accepted £18m bid) was reported yesterday And sources from Celtic and Albion denied it/clarified it)

All the other reports (they're interested, talking, he's looking to leave) they haven't.

Sorry if I'm being dim, but they haven't what?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Denied that we are in talks, are interested in the player , and that Celtic have accepted he's likely to leave.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Call me Mr.Cynic if you must, but as per usual, I will believe nothing until a deal is done and dusted, and is confirmed on the club website.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
This story/rumour has now been rumbling along for over 6 months. Must be something in it I reckon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The duration of a rumour means nothing - the 'Paul McCartney was killed in a car crash' one has been going or over 40 years now - and it's still pants! And let's not even get started on JFK and the grassy knoll.......!

Not that I wouldn't like this one to be true, though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Very unlikely it'll be us, as I strongly suspect he'll turn up at a West Ham or Bournemouth... if we actually sign a striker (and I have zero faith we will) it'll be one no one has heard of except (maybe) one or two of us...

We just don't do high profile British market signings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Watching him now on BT's rerun of Dundee vs Celtic. Frankly the standard of the game is so poor it's difficult to make any assessment. He didn't do much. Commentators made some comments about our interest, and one of them seemed to suggst Dembele is on the move but not to us. I doubt that we will be telling him we will build the side around him, like we promised CMS, so my guess is he'll be off to Palace.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This story/rumour has now been rumbling along for over 6 months. Must be something in it I reckon.

Some people have been claiming the earth is flat for centuries, there must be something in it I reckon.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Anything in this, or is it more smoke and mirrors?

Agent Kevin
@AgentKevinITK
CONFIRMED: @BBCSport have confirmed @celticfc striker @mousadembele WILL join @OfficialBHAFC in January for a fee of £23.5m which also includes a 10% sell on clause.

1:44 PM - Dec 25, 2017

This would not be out of the realms of possibility. Nobody is going to let the official cat out of the bag, but my guess is that we want him and will be prepared to go up to around this 23.5m figure, maybe even 25. I get the feeling he is going to be in stripes for the Palarse cup match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here