Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have absolutely no idea if there is any truth in this rumour, but he counts as a Home Grown Player, which would be very useful for Albion....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I have absolutely no idea if there is any truth in this rumour, but he counts as a Home Grown Player, which would be very useful for Albion....

Would be quite the coup to pull this signing off if the rumours are true, think he could have a huge future ahead of him. For this season he wouldn’t even need to be named in the 25 man squad as he was born after Jan 1st 1996 so still qualifies as an under 21. He would be a HGP for next season though.

Although it does show how flawed the home grown player rule is when Glenn Murray isn’t considered home grown despite being a born and bred English man.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Just the sort of signing we need. A Celtic fan I know reckons £20m would be daylight robbery.

Not sure how they can price him that high when the opposition is in most cases L1 at best. Never been tested regularly against high level opposition

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Lol only a little jealous!

"Jokers!

When he goes it will be to a team with far greater European pedigree than effing Brighton and for far more than £20 million.

Were it not for the financially bloated league they play in, Brighton would simply be a tin pot club, which they practically are anyway - save for an inflated EPL TV deal.

Chase yourselves tw@ts!"

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Coming from a team that plays in what is tantamount to a Sunday Pub League, that is actually pretty hilarious.
I don't know if that forum is the main Celtic forum but it is not as big as NSC so at least our forum is not tinpot!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't know if that forum is the main Celtic forum but it is not as big as NSC so at least our forum is not tinpot!

"Tinpot". Another Celtic fan accused Brighton of being that the other week. We're a provincial side that's been going for over 100 years and for the first time in decades have hit the big time and for those reasons they begrudge us our success and call us tinpot. That there is the same kind of mindset as Sky Sports plastic fans.

And Celtic fans claim to be against modern football. Pah!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is he really worth £20m as I would thin k most Prem strikers would score loads for Celtic even the likes of Leon Best, only asking as I have never seen him play.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This would be a great signing for us - far more exciting that Andone, Babacar or even Janssen, a proper striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here