Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
if we are after him then wonder why there hasn't.

I don't think he wants to join us personally , too small. Wants a bigger club. Conjecture yes

If we haven’t spoken to Celtic then presumably we aren’t after him. We can’t speak to the player first.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We can’t speak to the player first.

While it would never be admitted by Brighton, or any club for that matter, that simply isn't the case, and is a big misconception.

It might be "the rules", but it's exactly what happens most of the time, and by every club. It's done in a roundabout, off-the-record way via agents (some representing the club rather than the player) or third parties, but very rarely does a buying club ever submit an offer for Player X without first having worked out via a sly conversation if they might be interested, and how much per week they'd be after.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Follow Follow Forum is very funny about Dembele. They obviously think he’s shit and are pissing themselves that we’ve said we don’t want him. They all think he’s fat and has gone backward this season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I am told on very good authority that dembele turned us down.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Move on, nothing to see here. Desperate player trying to hype himself up. Come the end of Jan we will have a striker no-ones ever heard of, from a country no-ones ever heard of, who does the business. Tis our way, long may it continue. #undertheradar.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Move on, nothing to see here. Desperate player trying to hype himself up. Come the end of Jan we will have a striker no-ones ever heard of, from a country no-ones ever heard of, who does the business. Tis our way, long may it continue. #undertheradar.

Barry Von Richtenstein-Smythe from the Democratic Republic of Malango? ???

60% of the time, he scores everytime.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Barry Von Richtenstein-Smythe from the Democratic Republic of Malango? ???

60% of the time, he scores everytime.

Yes, that's the lad. I am also confident, because I have heard no rumours about it, that we will sing:

Prince Shirley Ndabadinghe from Upper Vulva

Recently unfriended on Facebook

Any more?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, that's the lad. I am also confident, because I have heard no rumours about it, that we will sing:

Prince Shirley Ndabadinghe from Upper Vulva

Recently unfriended on Facebook

Any more?

Good player, scored 7 goals already this season in the Vulva Primera and the season there doesn't even start until February!

(Due to the scorching snow they get there from Sept-Jan )

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Holding out for a bigger move in the summer most likely. Oh well, I like the sound of the Cameroon guy!

Good luck to dembele. Maybe he’ll find it easy to find a well-run up and coming premier league club where he’d instantly be given the chance to be main man.........or maybe not

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Good luck to him. Maybe he’ll find it easy to find a well-run up and coming premier league club where he’d instantly be given the chance to be main man.........or maybe not

On his current form even Norwich wont try and scupper any deal

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Good player, scored 7 goals already this season in the Vulva Primera and the season there doesn't even start until February!

(Due to the scorching snow they get there from Sept-Jan )

I thought they played for Cleetorus which of course are top of the labia minora

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Anyone intelligent would see we're an ideal fit for him. He's not going to the top 6 off the back of Celtic and needs to 'do a Southampton' if he wants to get there eventually.

If he did/does turn us down then move on, obviously not keen and thus not what we would want in that situation IF TRUE. Maybe he'll warm the bench at some crazy run and owned club who were 'big' 10-15 years ago on FIFA and then disappear.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wonder whether some of these players actually want to play football or just earn as much money as they can in as short a time as possible.

We are about as stable a club as you can get in the Prem - great facilities, great place to live, brilliant chairman, calm, proven manager, and we're 12th. On paper this is a brilliant career opportunity, and yet we are struggling to bring in a decent striker - for the second window in succession.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he's hanging on for deadline day to a). see if any better offers come in, or b). to try and screw a bit more out of us I really hope we don't sign him. As I've said before, I really hope that if we are/were after any player we'd make a time-bound offer, as in "We've agreed a fee of £XM with your club, and we're offering you £xxx per week. That offer is on the table for seven days, after which there is no offer."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here