Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Is he really worth £20m as I would thin k most Prem strikers would score loads for Celtic even the likes of Leon Best, only asking as I have never seen him play.

No I am with you on that one BG - getting somebody out of the SPL is a bit like buying from the lower reaches of the Championship / Top of League One.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If bucketloads of goals in the SPL doesn't float your boat, how about 7 in 10 for France U21's?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is he really worth £20m as I would thin k most Prem strikers would score loads for Celtic even the likes of Leon Best, only asking as I have never seen him play.

Is any player actually worth what is asked/paid for them, transfer fees have become so over inflated.

Dembélé is still only 21 and his strike rate is bloody impressive 21 goals in 25 starts and 12 sub appearances in the SPL, that’s better than a 1 in 2 strike rate. He got 15 for Fulham in his real first full season playing when he was just 19 in The Championship. He’s got bags of potential and would be a seriously impressive signing if we pulled it off.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Is any player actually worth what is asked/paid for them, transfer fees have become so over inflated.

Dembélé is still only 21 and his strike rate is bloody impressive 21 goals in 25 starts and 12 sub appearances in the SPL, that’s better than a 1 in 2 strike rate. He got 15 for Fulham in his real first full season playing when he was just 19 in The Championship. He’s got bags of potential and would be a seriously impressive signing if we pulled it off.
Exciting player albeit in a terrible league.
Huge class and would undoubtedly be an asset to us.
Sigh him up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It has occurred to me that Andone's slide down the pecking order at a very poor DLC, might not actually be him being a bit shite, but perhaps he's been 'sold' and is now a potential injury concern.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This would be a great signing for us - far more exciting that Andone, Babacar or even Janssen, a proper striker.

It's not going to happen though, is it.......

.........although I would have said the same about Benteke going to Palace.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Naylor's latest article seems to corroborate that our reported interest might be genuine

Unfortunately he's about as reliable as the next ice age reported in the Daily Express from one week to another. He picks up on social media, no more and no less.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My feeling is that this is probably a red herring as we chase down someone else. How many of Albion’s recent announced targets have we bought when so many other Premier League have been interested?

As said elsewhere, it's always nice to draw a line through the name of another potential signing.
Judging by the subtext in that article I'll reckon we'll get to the 'last name' before we get the signing, they'll be no 'Guess Who' victory after just 2 questions :lol:

guesswho.jpg

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Unfortunately he's about as reliable as the next ice age reported in the Daily Express from one week to another. He picks up on social media, no more and no less.

He's usually pretty quick to rubbish rumours though (even when they turn out to be true!)

The fact that he's not dismissed this might mean that there's something in it. or possibly more likely that the club are happy for this one to be believed and talked about so that the actual targets remain 'under the radar'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Naylor's latest article seems to corroborate that our reported interest might be genuine

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/

"If they are the figures being mentioned then that's very big money...

...We make no secret that our recruitment department is still working as hard as they have ever done. We will either improve the squad in January or we won't.

But we know it will be a time when it will be even more difficult to bring in players that you want because of the market.

"If we thought it was expensive in summer then potentially it could be even more this January."

"You would think it would be (important) but January is a very difficult time to buy. You find a lot of clubs, maybe not in this division, not really being able to get what they want, so in the end they just service the squad and might bring in a couple of squad players to protect themselves from injuries.

"It's very difficult to get the players that clubs want. It's a difficult time to buy, because the selling club know the buyers might be desperate".

It's as if we've all piled into one of these and set it back on a consecutive 6 month cycle.

back-to-the-future-10.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
T'is a shame this relatively 'high profile' rumour has surfaced.
It seems to have put a block on any other potential gossip.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
T'is a shame this relatively 'high profile' rumour has surfaced.
It seems to have put a block on any other potential gossip.

Club will be very happy with deflecting attention from the REAL targets :wink:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As one person who does take an interest in Scottish football, Dembele is a huge talent who I think I think would do very well in the premier league. The big issue is he has had recurring hamstring injuries recently which has limited his starts this season.

Before anyone dismisses Celtic as playing in a pub league, some of the players who have done well when coming down south have been Van Dyche, Wanyama, Forster, KI, Kayal among others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here