Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dembele wants out of Celtic, newspapers reporting we're interested

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Screenshot_20171217-122651.png

18m?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Certainly a talent. Does look a little temperamental and certainly get the impression having watched him a few times this year that he’s had enough in Scotland. Defo good enough for the PL and has massive potential to improve. I wouldn’t be sad to see him here on 1st January. If Murphy went the other way as part of the deal would be a good start to the transfer window

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'd love us to sign him. Wants to play in the PL to try to get in the France World Cup squad so would be highly motivated and knows he would get game time here that he wouldn't at certain other clubs.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As one person who does take an interest in Scottish football, Dembele is a huge talent who I think I think would do very well in the premier league. The big issue is he has had recurring hamstring injuries recently which has limited his starts this season.

Before anyone dismisses Celtic as playing in a pub league, some of the players who have done well when coming down south have been Van Dijk, Wanyama, Forster, KI, Kayal among others.

All of whom, apart from Forster, have had injury issues. Hmm.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully our club will have run all due diligence over Dembele's work ethic. He may well want out of Celtic. But has he got what we need? Or is his agent just looking for a soft touch entry for his client into the PL?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It’s I Big if, but if the paperwork was done and all was official st a minute past midnight, would he be able to play against Bournemouth?

Does that not depend on when the offices of the Scottish and French FA are open over Christmas to register him. I assume the French are involved due to him being French.and the Scottish because he plays for Celtic.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He's quality and attainable for us I think, plus has good re-sale potential. Get it done Tony!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does that not depend on when the offices of the Scottish and French FA are open over Christmas to register him. I assume the French are involved due to him being French.and the Scottish because he plays for Celtic.

For someone who worked for a local Football Association you seem to have a lack of understanding of even the basics of football, even local FAs have to get international clearance for players registering to play in their leagues.

International clearance is sought from the FA that holds the players registration and has nothing to do with where he was born, only where he is playing. In the case of Dembélé its likely to be a slightly quicker process as he’s been registered in England previously so isn’t a first time registration.

This article about a Reading transfer explains it very well.
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/f...s-rakels-international-clearance-how-10810742

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Being on Surrey FA the only clearance we usually needed was from neighbour counties like Sussex London Hants or Kent. so it was very easy Plus that wasnt my duties as I was on the League Sanctions and discipline committee so any queries re eligibility and registration was taken up by the relevant secretary and then just passed to us for rubber stamping. The basic problems come if there are any outstanding issues or in junior football money.or fines.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Being on Surrey FA the only clearance we usually needed was from neighbour counties like Sussex London Hants or Kent. so it was very easy Plus that wasnt my duties as I was on the League Sanctions and discipline committee so any queries re eligibility and registration was taken up by the relevant secretary and then just passed to us for rubber stamping. The basic problems come if there are any outstanding issues or in junior football money.or fines.

:yawn:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Still seems the most realistic and sensible option. Then again he was in the summer too and lots of us suggested him before he was linked but with no basis other than it makes sense.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Only on the bench for Celtic tonight. Just saying like......

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here