Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you even just slightly fed up with the world's greatest country being so divided?

Are you even just slightly fed up with the world's greatest country being so divided?

• Yes Im bored of it now

Votes: 21 21.0%
  • No …we need to sort crap out

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • We are not divided

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • We are not the worlds greatest country

Votes: 47 47.0%
  • Actually we are Great though…..it says it on the tin

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Matt Damon

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Cameron wtf he's the **** that put us in this position. offering the EU referendum to secure another election. This to me was the start of a divided country. We should never have been given the option of a referendum, people are too thick.

I honestly doubt anyone understand the full impact of leaving the EU and how much work is required.

I do..... or at least realise it is a mammoth task.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Are we more divided than usual? The votes have been split between the two main parties, the same as usual.

in terms of straight numbers, probably not, but when you take in to account strength of Leave/Remain feelings, pro/anti Austerity, pro/anti Corbyn, etc etc I think weare far more divided than we have been for years.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
[/B]

I do..... or at least realise it is a mammoth task.

Ok Fair enough, you obviously must also agree that it should never have gone to a referendum knowing all the detail behind Brexit.

I am reading as much as i can about what Brexit entails and i am still learning everyday.

We didn't have enough time leading up to brexit. The real facts of how difficult this would be were not highlighted. 99.9% of people didn't have a clue for what they were voting for and prob still don't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Also what does it tell you about NSC that they are voting on a question that makes no sense :clap:

It indicates the wonderful ability of NSCers to make sense of the nonsensical, to bring harmony where there is discord(???) and to boldly go where no man has gone before.

And that split infinitive still always jars.

And can Matt Damon play left back? or no. 10?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Ok Fair enough, you obviously must also agree that it should never have gone to a referendum knowing all the detail behind Brexit.

I am reading as much as i can about what Brexit entails and i am still learning everyday.

We didn't have enough time leading up to brexit. The real facts of how difficult this would be were not highlighted. 99.9% of people didn't have a clue for what they were voting for and prob still don't.

Wasn't all this covered in the full and factual debate we had on all the issues before the referendum? Haa ha, joke.

I heard a professor of international law (or commercial law) or similar on Radio 4 the day after the referendum who said there would be enough work in extricating ourselves from all the intricacies of the treaty to keep him and several others like him in work for life..... and he was comparatively young.

My son-in-law works for HMRC, and he is involved in thinking about the Customs implications of what we will need to have in place as and when it happens. It's frightening and the fear is that Kent will become gridlocked through Lorries waiting for Customs Clearance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
in terms of straight numbers, probably not, but when you take in to account strength of Leave/Remain feelings, pro/anti Austerity, pro/anti Corbyn, etc etc I think weare far more divided than we have been for years.
I think we're just discussing it more. Austerity started after the last crash, and it affects people, so of course opinions will be split over the way forward.

Opinions are always split on who should govern us, and when one party wins easily, the other party needs to change to make it closer next time - or, putting it in your language, to make us more divided.

Whether or not to leave the EU, and how to deal with our national debt, are big decisions, of course we're going to be split over it. It's all good.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
You write those two sentences as though they are mutually exclusive. They're not.

I am very fond of my country too. I always will be. I would prefer never to live anywhere else.

But I have no intention of announcing to someone from another country that my country is 'greater' than theirs. It's hurtful, over-simplifying and self-regarding. It's with things like that that the problems begin - in the House of Commons, on the pre-match streets of Marseilles or in the voting booth.

Ah, that is the point. I would expect that citizens of all countries would say theirs is the greatest. I would not be offended at all.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Wasn't all this covered in the full and factual debate we had on all the issues before the referendum? Haa ha, joke.

I heard a professor of international law (or commercial law) or similar on Radio 4 the day after the referendum who said there would be enough work in extricating ourselves from all the intricacies of the treaty to keep him and several others like him in work for life..... and he was comparatively young.

My son-in-law works for HMRC, and he is involved in thinking about the Customs implications of what we will need to have in place as and when it happens. It's frightening and the fear is that Kent will become gridlocked through Lorries waiting for Customs Clearance.

Exactly... There are laws to think about that i haven't even heard being addressed.

I heard a quote from a Lawyer of some sort saying to remove us from the EU is like removing the eggs from an already baked cake :)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes, bored of it.

At the moment, it's a much more positive life getting on with all the other pleasures of life, occasionally tuning into brilliant Radio 4 who give you the facts.

So much more relaxing than listening/watching to BBC and Sky News, ITV or 5Live who all love to stir it up, thriving on the divisions within parties and between two halves of society.

More to being a mortal coil than following UK party politics 24-7.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm sure Trump will go shortly but it is fun seeing the president of the greatest country being such an idiot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here