Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League "fixture release breakfast"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Can someone confirm what the light breakfast item was? The suspense has been killing me

Bacon in a brioche roll, with red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all. Plus coffee or tea. Unfortunately I can't confirm whether there was a vegetarian or vegan option.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wold that include boiled eggs? If so, would you go for the hard or soft egg?
It isn't about a hard or soft egg. It is about the egg that is right for everyone - hence the red, white and blue egg.

(Just don't ask if I am going to allow free movement of Weetabix or if I will protect the rights of the marmalade I lent next door. Just focus on the money I will save by taking control of my own breakfast.)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bacon in a brioche roll, with red sauce, brown sauce or no sauce at all. Plus coffee or tea. Unfortunately I can't confirm whether there was a vegetarian or vegan option.

Brioche! Turns out we were Premier League ready after all.

Any detail on the provenance of the bacon? I'd be disappointed if there were no mention made of any of "local", "hand-reared" or "organic".

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Any detail on the provenance of the bacon? I'd be disappointed if there were no mention made of any of "local", "hand-reared" or "organic".

To be honest, I wasn't happy about the roll. I'd have preferred a traditional bap, floured perhaps. Brioche with a burger, okay (just about), but I think people are getting a bit carried away with fancy bakery products.

No information on the source of the bacon. Barber out!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

And I'm guessing he dumbed down the toppings. Was probably sun dried tomato jus, date, apple and molasses foam or au naturel.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be honest, I wasn't happy about the roll. I'd have preferred a traditional bap, floured perhaps. Brioche with a burger, okay (just about), but I think people are getting a bit carried away with fancy bakery products.

Very much.

Our local Waitrose just had a big refit, and on re-opening, the bacon rolls in the café, were now brioche ones. Its a horrible combination - why would anyone choose to eat bacon in a SWEET roll? Its like a bacon CAKE, FFS.

Anyway, there were loads of complaints, and within three weeks there is now the option of brioche OR crusty roll.

And quite right, too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Absolutely. A lot of unhappy punters this morning I imagine, and rightly so. The price has soared from 'free' to £2, and it sounds like that has all gone on sourcing the most unsuitable of bread products.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Very much.

Our local Waitrose just had a big refit, and on re-opening, the bacon rolls in the café, were now brioche ones. Its a horrible combination - why would anyone choose to eat bacon in a SWEET roll? Its like a bacon CAKE, FFS.

Anyway, there were loads of complaints, and within three weeks there is now the option of brioche OR crusty roll.

And quite right, too.

This is the company that were selling bacon trifle....they have a track record.

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=549771

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Very much.

And quite right, too.

And is it just me, or is 'sourdough' just another word for 'white bread'?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

After a promising start, you've just shown yourself up.

Please retreat to your local artisan bakery, do some thorough research and report back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Just you. Sourdough isn't made using normal bakers' yeast but from a live yeast culture that has to be fed and maintained.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very much.

And quite right, too.

Just Sodexo's take on sweet & sour l guess.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Blimey, just seen footage of Huddersfield's fixture release breakfast on SSN. Full English, with knives and forks, table cloths, napkins, the LOT! Have to say, that in comparison our loveable bellies down at the Amex looked a right motley crew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here