Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the next leader of the Conservative party?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
People of real talent have better things to do. I know everyone moans when MPs get pay rises, but you can earn more in many other fields and without the grief from the media.

What utter crap. A measure of talent is not just about what you earn. There are plenty of people in this world that see service to others, whether that be in healthcare, education, public office etc as having a higher reward than earning loads of dosh.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Boris.JPG

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
She's done it though by tapping into the pro-EU views of the Scottish electorate: she's fanatically pro-EU and is already trying to push May into a softer Brexit. I agree that she'd give Labour a tough battle (she's probably the one leader they fear) but I can't see her being elected.

Even if she finds a safe seat, the Tory party membership is staunchly anti-EU and I'm not sure they'd find her acceptable. Look at Ken Clarke 20 years ago - a politician who could have really captured the centre ground but not elected as leader because of his EU views. Davidson is just Ken Clarke with fewer cigars and pints.

Had Clarke ever been leader, I would have had to consider voting Tory at the time. As you say, a genuine centre ground politician, and a one-nationer too. Too leftist to have ever been a serious candidate though; too europhile too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here