Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will be the next leader of the Conservative party?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If its Gove, that's it I'm gone.

Davidson for me, might even vote Tory again if that happened

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd vote for this fugger:

thick of it.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The Tories have got to find someone with a broader appeal - especially to the younger voters. Gove and Johnson would go down like a lead balloon, for different reasons. I can't think of an obvious candidate - but Ruth Davidson (if she gets a Westminster seat) would tick a lot of boxes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even if she wasn't utterly vacuous and useless - which she is - the party will be very cautious about electing a leader will a majority of just a few hundred or so in their constituency.

And one with so many financial skeletons in her closet as well. They'd be daft to elect her.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nobody wants it right now. Boris will possibly have go for it after the EU exit is all done and dusted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Tories have got to find someone with a broader appeal - especially to the younger voters. Gove and Johnson would go down like a lead balloon, for different reasons. I can't think of an obvious candidate - but Ruth Davidson (if she gets a Westminster seat) would tick a lot of boxes.

I appreciate its unconventional and unlikely but I thought it was technically possible to be the PM without having a seat?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

How would the Brighton hipster gay crwod deal with having a Tory leader who was also from the LGBT community?

Some heads might explode.

larus

David Davies just doesn't inspire me.
I like Boris and think he would connect with a lot of people (I exclude people who post on political threads on here, as I'm talking the average punter who is not really that interested in politics).
And Ruth Davidson (from the little I have seen of her) would be a really good choice. I don't know the legality of this, but I'm sure there must be a way to have a leader who is not a current sitting MP. Finding a safe seat for her at the next election would be simple.

And as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, the impact she would have on the younger generation would be very interesting.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
David Davies just doesn't inspire me.
I like Boris and think he would connect with a lot of people (I exclude people who post on political threads on here, as I'm talking the average punter who is not really that interested in politics).
And Ruth Davidson (from the little I have seen of her) would be a really good choice. I don't know the legality of this, but I'm sure there must be a way to have a leader who is not a current sitting MP. Finding a safe seat for her at the next election would be simple.

And as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] says, the impact she would have on the younger generation would be very interesting.

Ah Boris, the man who talks of black children, as "pickaninnies, with their water melon smiles"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Says the man who (I believe) supports John McDonald who wanted the IRA to win by "ballot, bomb or bullet". :lol:

you really are so yesterday:lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Says the man who (I believe) supports John McDonald who wanted the IRA to win by "ballot, bomb or bullet". :lol:

I don't support his comments, and, have never supported his comments, if you read my previous posts I have condemned the use of violence by both sides in NI.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Boris f****** Johnson as leader?! Have people been taking stupid pills or something recently?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here