Faversham

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Final act of a superhero , thank you Batman .

Attachments

• tumblr_or3md5V3uc1rhnukoo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_or3md5V3uc1rhnukoo1_1280.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 224

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really. I was referring to the successful introduction of humour to a previously serious character.

OK, I see. I though you were idntifying your favourite. Still, I'd say that SC was no less amusing than RM, albeit in a different way. For me, RM was ALWAYS The Saint. I am a massive fan of the Bond books - which should be read in chronological order. Bond was not a funny man, but his persona was nuanced and appealing. Connery came closer to it than anyone (the most recent Bond was good - but his perperual pout, tinge of bitterness, and wrong coloured hair spoilt it for me). Moore was an anathema.

As for Batman, I loved the kids programme, and agree it is amusing, but West played the part with his tongue in his cheek without being quite as arch as RM. The charm, though, is most certainly associated with the programme being one of the best things on telly in the mid late 60s (when most English programmes were low res tat - the Avengers excepted). RM's Bond was a disappointment after both his predecessors, and if I wanted low comedy I would have tuned into the A team. Adam West didn't have an illustrious predecessor equivalent to Connery, either, so the comparison is not obvious (or was not obvious to me).

Anyway, I digress. :lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Final act of a superhero , thank you Batman .

Is this part of mad dead-in-the-water **** Trump's absurd campaign against the mayor of London?

You carry on, mate. :facepalm::wrong::wanker:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
DCCxEGwWsAASpln.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here