Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Conservatives must be furious. They've gone from having a majority to having to sidle up to that charming lot just to form a government. All this because of one woman's hubris.

Just like Cameron before her, May took the electorate utterly for granted. He didn't need to promise a referendum on Europe, she didn't need to call an election. Both believed they just had to turn up on the day to have their authority rubber stamped.

Not the brightest of parties. Too much in-breeding?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just like Cameron before her, May took the electorate utterly for granted. He didn't need to promise a referendum on Europe, she didn't need to call an election. Both believed they just had to turn up on the day to have their authority rubber stamped.

Not the brightest of parties. Too much in-breeding?

I absolutely agree with this, both Cameron and May thought they had the British public by the balls with polls showing how way ahead they were in Brexit and the General Election respectively. I think they both underestimated the British public and I am damned sure no other politician will ever make that mistake again. We live in different times and the voter will just not stand for their bullshit and arrogance. May got the biggest kick in the bollocks and she will have to go soon.

DB4RdRVXYAAGc3y.jpg

Not a picture from a long time ago. The woman at the bottom right of the mural is Arlene Foster, who was elected leader of the DUP only 18 months ago.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Got to say that picture looks photo shopped to me. Everything apart from the DUP logo is pixelated.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I absolutely agree with this, both Cameron and May thought they had the British public by the balls with polls showing how way ahead they were in Brexit and the General Election respectively. I think they both underestimated the British public and I am damned sure no other politician will ever make that mistake again. We live in different times and the voter will just not stand for their bullshit and arrogance. May got the biggest kick in the bollocks and she will have to go soon.

Dear God when will these people realise that opinion polls are almost entirely useless.
You have to travel the length and breadth of the country and really listen to people, not just pay them lip service. You have to fight a proper campaign, not let the major opposition come out with spin that cannot be backed up. You cannot go through the motions as May did. It was complacent and yes, it was arrogant as well. Did she honestly think that Remainers would go away quietly? This was their last lingering hope to salvage something and derail a hard brexit and to give her a bloody nose. She created the opportunity, when she didn't need to and is now paying the price.
There is no more ruthless party than the Conservatives. They will be livid with this. The knives are being sharpened and the P45 is being prepared for the Autumn.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hope Mrs May has been brushing up on her rebel songs because an unintended consequence of Sinn Fein's electoral success is that it actually strengthens May's hand a tad. They've taken three seats from the SDLP, and as they won't sit in the Westminster parliament (and the SDLP did), that's three less opposition votes for her to worry about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Dear God when will these people realise that opinion polls are almost entirely useless.
You have to travel the length and breadth of the country and really listen to people, not just pay them lip service. You have to fight a proper campaign, not let the major opposition come out with spin that cannot be backed up. You cannot go through the motions as May did. It was complacent and yes, it was arrogant as well. Did she honestly think that Remainers would go away quietly? This was their last lingering hope to salvage something and derail a hard brexit and to give her a bloody nose. She created the opportunity, when she didn't need to and is now paying the price.
There is no more ruthless party than the Conservatives. They will be livid with this. The knives are being sharpened and the P45 is being prepared for the Autumn.

Even Brexiters voted against the 'hard' Brexit.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Got to say that picture looks photo shopped to me. Everything apart from the DUP logo is pixelated.

My first reaction. Good spot.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Back in the day when I lived there, the DUP were the second party for protestants after the UUP. The DUP led by the rather outspoken Ian Paisley. They were as near as you could get to the Protestant version of Sinn Fienn. They had ties with the UVF and all its affiliations. So, pretty much, it would be like the Labour Party cosying up with SF.

It would, but it should be noted that Sinn Fienn are not the IRA, although they have the same aim.

The politics is the same, but it's the ballot box, not the bullet.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
The party all in favour of chaining up childrens' swings on Sundays to preserve the sanctity of the sabbath.

A great bunch of lads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here