Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I know, but I was searching for direct links between the DUP and terrorism. I know about the UVF etc.

I can't link you anywhere, but the links between the UVF and the DUP are deep. You need to search individuals from the 60s and 70s that were part of the DUP.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Tories grabbing on to power at all means and sucking up to terrorist wings was not my idea of Utopia. It just shows how far these people will go to stay in charge. Can say what you like about Corbyn (not a supporter) but (I assume) he hasn't gone begging for Sinn Fienns 7 votes to give him the chance of a minority Govt. This whole 7 weeks just stinks of arrogance and power at any cost.

As I was recently reminded Sinn Fein don't take up their seats in parliament. Mind you if the Tory minority government + DUP goes tits up it wouldn't surprise me if Jezza got on the blower to his old mates to get them to change their mind and join the 'progressive alliance'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't link you anywhere, but the links between the UVF and the DUP are deep. You need to search individuals from the 60s and 70s that were part of the DUP.

The DUP started in 1971 by Ian Paisley from the Ulster Unionist Party. They've had MPs in the government since the 70s.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As I was recently reminded Sinn Fein don't take up their seats in parliament. Mind you if the Tory minority government + DUP goes tits up it wouldn't surprise me if Jezza got on the blower to his old mates to get them to change their mind and join the 'progressive alliance'.
You know that this is impossible as I know that you're not thick.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
What a dreadful bunch some of the DUP are they have taken UKIPs mantel as the new Flat Earth Society

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I haven't got a point. I was discussing it with you.

But you were stating the bleedin obvious :wink:

DUP were the extreme wing of the UUP that decided the UUP were not strong enough. They, obviously got the support of the UVF, or whatever incarnation they were in the 70s, and so it began.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
184905985-7eb9ff6a-9243-45ac-8754-0484bcc458cd.jpg

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/...r-being-pictured-with-a-uda-commander-760193/

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I thought most Labour voters aren't overly bothered with Party Leaderships having dubious links with terrorist organisations :angel:

I didn't think Tory ones were voting for a coalition of chaos with Party Leaderships having dubious links with terrorist organisations though? :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here