Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DUP...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yep,as i said...... fake outrage

The DUP, The Scottish Conservatives, a tiny majority in parliament in a coalition of crackpots - they're not singing from Paul Dacre's hymn sheet on Brexit either. This will get very interesting.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
This is like the devil getting in bed with Hitler. Which I think was a storyline in the Southpark film way back when. It didn't end well.
Think you'll find that was Saddam.
hqdefault.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yeah but 'how do you feel about this lot and the tories getting bed together?'

I see no problem especially if it keeps Corbyns brand of mad politics consigned to second place, where it deserves to be.
His alternative is terrifying

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The last times minority governments under Major and Callaghan were kept alive by Ulster Unionists didn't end happily.

If the DUP weild all their influence we could be back to the 1670's, let alone the 1970's.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I see no problem especially if it keeps Corbyns brand of mad politics consigned to second place, where it deserves to be.

Pretty hypocritical though, after accusing Labour of planning a Coalition of Chaos with the SNP, and being the terrorist apologist.

And, that's without putting the whole peace process in NI in jeopardy.

Still, needs must, eh?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The DUP, The Scottish Conservatives, a tiny majority in parliament in a coalition of crackpots - they're not singing from Paul Dacre's hymn sheet on Brexit either. This will get very interesting.

You lot seem to be the only people that religiously are reading Paul Dacre`s hymn sheet.
You are forever blaming him or the Daily Mail for your failings.......never oddly enough where the actual fault lies....... yourselves.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

You see no problem with the implications for the already steadily eroding peace process in NI?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Pretty hypocritical though, after accusing Labour of planning a Coalition of Chaos with the SNP, and being the terrorist apologist.

And, that's without putting the whole peace process in NI in jeopardy.

Still, needs must, eh?

If you want to say the DUP are terrorists thats up to you.
Perhaps you could point me to other threads before yesterday where you voiced your outrage at them getting elected over the years

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You lot seem to be the only people that religiously are reading Paul Dacre`s hymn sheet.
You are forever blaming him or the Daily Mail for your failings.......never oddly enough where the actual fault lies....... yourselves.

No, I blame this entire mess over the last 12 months firmly at one group of people - The Conservative and Unionist Party. Or it The Conservative and Democratic Unionist Party now? Or The Tories and Billy Boys of No.1 Platoon?

D

Deleted member 22389

It's hilarious, cringing media bias . The BBC are all over everything BUT the history of the DUP and its links with the paramilitary groups who carried out bombing campaigns during the Troubles, killing over 700. What this Tory/DUP alliance could potentially do to the fragile peace in NI is scary. The power share agreement is not exactly a bed of roses at the moment.

It's got cluster-f*ck written all over it.

And it happens exactly the other way too, the bbc misses loads of things in the name of that other religion that go on.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Perhaps you could point me to other threads before yesterday where you voiced your outrage at them getting elected over the years

What bizarre logic. Not being allowed to be concerned about something that you hitherto haven't been aware of and hasn't affected you. You're aware that means that you aren't ever allowed to be concerned or outraged about anything?

Would you like to point me in the direction of your posts regarding corbyn's 'disasterous' politics before he was elected leader of the Labour Party then?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No, I blame this entire mess over the last 12 months firmly at one group of people - The Conservative and Unionist Party. Or it The Conservative and Democratic Unionist Party now? Or The Tories and Billy Boys of No.1 Platoon?

Seriously
Grow up
I know you have issues about brexit and it has completely impacted on your life......but that is pathetic.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
What bizarre logic. Not being allowed to be concerned about something that you hitherto haven't been aware of

Seriously
You were not aware of the DUP before yesterday.........speaks volumes about the new found fake outrage coming from the left

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Seriously
You were not aware of the DUP before yesterday.........speaks volumes about the new found fake outrage coming from the left

Of course I was aware of the DUP, but you surely can understand that a lot of people, especially young people, won't have been alive during the troubles and wouldn't have understood what they represent until the past few days. To say that they can't be outraged because of previous ignorance is absurd.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Bushys alter ego, Alfred Mizen started a thread on here about the 12th July, I made my views perfectly clear on the whole NI sectarian situation.
And anyway, whether I consider the DUP to be suitable bedmates with the standing Government is by the by, Shirley it's a question of hypocrisy, and keeping power whatever the cost?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Seriously
Grow up
I know you have issues about brexit and it has completely impacted on your life......but that is pathetic.

Pathetic in what way, too close to the unpalatable truth of the situation we're now in with our strong and stable Government playing with fire over The Good Friday agreement in making concessions to their new influential friends, who are now understandably going to come under an awful lot of uncomfortable scrutiny?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Nope
Do you think it will lead to the troubles being reignited then.......how does that happen in your play book?

Because, the UK Government is meant to be neutral, alog with the Irish Government and act as a referee if you will , in any disputes between the parties at Stormont, if they are reliant on the DUP to keep them in power, it is debatable if they could be seen as completely neutral.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Of course I was aware of the DUP, but you surely can understand that a lot of people, especially young people, won't have been alive during the troubles and wouldn't have understood what they represent until the past few days. To say that they can't be outraged because of previous ignorance is absurd.

Last i heard we had moved on from the troubles, a delicate balance is thankfully holding.
Perhaps someone should educate the youngsters then explain to them to keep their fake outrage in their pockets and not stir up a hornets nest. The older generation have no appetite for going back to the old days because uneducated kids want to virtue signal and spread some anti tory memes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here