Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
To be honest, I don't really see him playing that many games for us. He might as well play League Cup games for Liverpool as make the odd sub appearance here.

Really? Wasn't he primarily a right back at Charlton. I think there's a great opportunity for a RB to play plenty of games given Bruno's age.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll end up at Huddersfield on deadline day, and they'll be very happy to guarantee him maximum gametime.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Watched their pre season game against Palace the other day. He looks a very good player. Quick, strong can defend well and can pick a pass. He will stay at Liverpool unless they get GVD from Southampton. If they do he will be 5th choice CB, 3rd choice left back and 2/3rd choice RB. He's defo got a future at Liverpool but can still see him on loan here for the year and can see him ending up 1st choice RB over the course of the season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think some people are underestimating Bruno. Barring injury, I'm betting he starts more than half the games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gomez is versatile and could play in the centre if we are short, or right back, or left back ( as Suttner also plays left midfield ).

It's not as simple as him being in an either-or with Bruno.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gomez is versatile and could play in the centre if we are short, or right back, or left back ( as Suttner also plays left midfield ).

It's not as simple as him being in an either-or with Bruno.

How old is he? Would he be outside of the 25 man squad as well?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's a leap in logic. Don't think it would mean that at all. At the moment, he says he wants to stay at Anfield and fight for his place. If it becomes clear that he's not going to get any first team opportunities and he's got anything about him, then he may start to think about going on loan far more positively.
Not a leap in logic at all. He wants to stay and fight for his place at Liverpool, and doesn't want to be farmed out. Ergo, if he was farmed out to us, it would not be what he wanted.
How that would work out would depend on his character - is he a 'good lad' who'll knuckle down and put heart and soul into doing a good job, or is he a sulker............

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not a leap in logic at all. He wants to stay and fight for his place at Liverpool, and doesn't want to be farmed out. Ergo, if he was farmed out to us, it would not be what he wanted.
How that would work out would depend on his character - is he a 'good lad' who'll knuckle down and put heart and soul into doing a good job, or is he a sulker............

Would not be what he wanted at the moment. That's the key point. A lot can change between now and the end of August.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really? Wasn't he primarily a right back at Charlton. I think there's a great opportunity for a RB to play plenty of games given Bruno's age.

Absolutely. I am a little bit worried for Bruno next season to be honest, playing in a higher division for the first time, and 37 next birthday. I know we have Liam Rosenior, but we badly need another right back too.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Absolutely. I am a little bit worried for Bruno next season to be honest, playing in a higher division for the first time, and 37 next birthday. I know we have Liam Rosenior, but we badly need another right back too.
He has played a few games in La Liga

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree as I do not think that Liam will be other than a cover should Bruno struggle but I am wary of bringing in a young prospect like Tomori or Gomez who incidentally has been reported in the Liverpool Echo as wanting to stay at LFC to fight for a place rather than go out on loan to us or any other team.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

I don't think he's got this far by being a sulker. He knows a good full year at a lower club will help his development. Why would he say he doesn't want to play for Liverpool at this stage? He wouldn't. If Klopp tells him he's signed him for the future he'll play his heart out on loan to get back there.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Exactly. If he doesn't want to leave Liverpool then his heart won't be in it. He won't perform to the best of his ability in my opinion.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I don't think he's got this far by being a sulker. He knows a good full year at a lower club will help his development. Why would he say he doesn't want to play for Liverpool at this stage? He wouldn't. If Klopp tells him he's signed him for the future he'll play his heart out on loan to get back there.

Maybe it will but he doesn't want to leave Liverpool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here