Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sorry my finger hit the e as obviously it is raptures But it doesnt alter the fact that if he is deemed not good enough to play against Premiership players by Liverpool he shouldnt by foremost in our wishes.

The "FACT" :FFSPuncheon

Lukaku, De Bruyne, Kane and plenty of other top players had to go out on loan at Gomez's age to kickstart their careers.

Would you be against us taking Tomori back on loan for the season using this logic?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He hasn't, sadly for them they haven't got the knowledge and scouting ability of our very own BG, maybe we should drop them a line and let them know he's no good, save them embarrassing themselves.
If they considered him ready and good enougfh we wouldnt get a sniff as we can only get players on loan who the parent club either dont want or consider not ready yet. As regards Tomori I am in 2 minds he is not better than we have but would be adequate back up but again Chelsea do not consider him ready for the Premier League.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The "FACT" :FFSPuncheon

Lukaku, De Bruyne, Kane and plenty of other top players had to go out on loan at Gomez's age to kickstart their careers.

Would you be against us taking Tomori back on loan for the season using this logic?

Yes they did and the parent club benefitted as soon as they were considered good enough so why should we be the guinea pigs for bigger clubs like L;iverpool, when we have the likes of Bruno and Rossenior who have played at a higher level than Gomez has consistently. We bring him on Liverpool reap the benefits but as I said if he is better than we have by all means but is he, potentially he is but our 2 right backs have experience to fall back on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If they considered him ready and good enougfh we wouldnt get a sniff as we can only get players on loan who the parent club either dont want or consider not ready yet. As regards Tomori I am in 2 minds he is not better than we have but would be adequate back up but again Chelsea do not consider him ready for the Premier League.

Yes they did and the parent club benefitted as soon as they were considered good enough so why should we be the guinea pigs for bigger clubs like L;iverpool, when we have the likes of Bruno and Rossenior who have played at a higher level than Gomez has consistently. We bring him on Liverpool reap the benefits but as I said if he is better than we have by all means but is he, potentially he is but our 2 right backs have experience to fall back on.

Clear demonstration that BGD doesn't understand that being ready to play for Chelsea/Liverpool doesn't equate to being ready to play premier league football for us or palace or swansea etc. There really isn't any point arguing with him, one may just as well argue with a toddler.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clear demonstration that BGD doesn't understand that being ready to play for Chelsea/Liverpool doesn't equate to being ready to play premier league football for us or palace or swansea etc. There really isn't any point arguing with him, one may just as well argue with a toddler.

Please explain the difference ,apart from the expectation of the big 6 clubs to win the league, what is the difference playing for us against Man Utd or Spurs than for Liverpool or Chelsea against them he is either good enougfh and ready or not. We do not need him simple.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Please explain the difference ,apart from the expectation of the big 6 clubs to win the league, what is the difference playing for us against Man Utd or Spurs than for Liverpool or Chelsea against them he is either good enougfh and ready or not. We do not need him simple.

Because currently they have better players

Simple as

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because currently they have better players

Simple as

Exactly. Obviously Gomez may not be considered 'good' enough for Liverpool atm. However, presumably, Liverpool may have a better team than Bournemouth who did very well by their standards last year. Gomez may be worse than Liverpool's options but better than those available to Bournemouth. This argument is very odd indeed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly. Obviously Gomez may not be considered 'good' enough for Liverpool atm. However, presumably, Liverpool may have a better team than Bournemouth who did very well by their standards last year. Gomez may be worse than Liverpool's options but better than those available to Bournemouth. This argument is very odd indeed.

But is he better and more experienced than Bruno and Rossenior?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007

Having a discussion on a fans forum is not arguing. It's exchanging opinions and points of view. Because someone has different opinions to you does not required your toys to be lobbed from the pram. Debate a point, agree to disagree and have a beer seems to be the best way forward (in my opinion of course)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having a discussion on a fans forum is not arguing. It's exchanging opinions and points of view. Because someone has different opinions to you does not required your toys to be lobbed from the pram. Debate a point, agree to disagree and have a beer seems to be the best way forward (in my opinion of course)

Exactly

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Lukaku scored 17 on loan for West Brom and 15 whilst on loan at Everton. That could be the difference between relegation and finishing mid-table.

I really don't think Gomez is being considered as a nailed-on first teamer, more an upgrade on Tomori as a good young player that can put a shift in when and where required. Gomez is a centre-back primarily but was doing a good job at left-back for Liverpool in the PL when he was 18 before his injury.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lukaku scored 17 on loan for West Brom and 15 whilst on loan at Everton. That could be the difference between relegation and finishing mid-table.

I really don't think Gomez is being considered as a nailed-on first teamer, more an upgrade on Tomori as a good young player that can put a shift in when and where required. Gomez is a centre-back primarily but was doing a good job at left-back for Liverpool in the PL when he was 18 before his injury.

That is not how it seems in most peoples posts. It would appear that most consider him to be the answer to our left back position and or right back if Bruno struggles with age catching him up. The argument against Gomez is if he is predominantly a CB why are Liverpool letting him go out on loan as that is one of their major problem positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here