Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joe Gomez

May 24, 2017
So we're competing with Bournemouth then.....oh dear....never mind i'm sure they'll be others.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
Surely a loan and not a full transfer if this has legs? One of the best defensive prospects in the country and if not for his injury would surely have played for England by now.

Also, if over his injury problems now I'd happily see Jon Flanagan sign for us. Equally comfortable at left back as well as right back and a very clever defender. Didn't get much game time at Burnley last year so maybe struggled for fitness/form but still lots of potential.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
For those who don't know much about him. He's a silver 69 LB on FIFA 17. Good young backup.
8735346d4872ff6773e47f89e55d002a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I guess by default, every newspaper shot in the dark of who we are signing are going to be linked with Bournemouth, Toon and Huddersfield just to cover the basics rumour milling

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I guess by default, every newspaper shot in the dark of who we are signing are going to be linked with Bournemouth, Toon and Huddersfield just to cover the basics rumour milling

And Palace? Or they above this level of player, having finished so high in the league last season?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
This would be a terrific signing. With Bongs injury record he'd get plenty of game time. That would be the full back positions covered and additional cover at centre half.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Klopp was using him as a first choice player before his ACL injury, I suspect he'd be coming as a starter rather than a backup.
With only 5 PL starts in 2 seasons and only 41 games played in his career, over half of which were in the championship or lower, we shouldn't expect too much from this young lad. A good prospect at best I feel.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
With only 5 PL starts in 2 seasons and only 41 games played in his career, over half of which were in the championship or lower, we shouldn't expect too much from this young lad. A good prospect at best I feel.

That's why he is being touted for 10 million. Jordan Ibe cost 15 million and he had a similar career path.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
can I admit I have nfi who this is?

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
That's why he is being touted for 10 million. Jordan Ibe cost 15 million and he had a similar career path.
No doubt he has potential but you can't really compair to Ibe as he plays in a completely different position and has over 100 more PL games under his belt. If you are pinning our PL survival on Gomez then God help us.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
No doubt he has potential but you can't really compair to Ibe as he plays in a completely different position and has over 100 more PL games under his belt. If you are pinning our PL survival on Gomez then God help us.

He is, in all probability, a better player than Bong in every aspect, Klopp signed him as a starter, only an injury curtailed his progress. I really can't see him coming to warm the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here