Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saudi Players Ignore minutes silence

Probably get pelters from some for starting this, but Saudi Arabias Football team refused to acknowledge a minutes silence before their game in Adelaide for the London Attacks and in particular the two Aussies who lost their lives.

The article states it is not Islamic to do this, but would it have hurt them to observe it or would Alan have vented his fury upon them.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/saudi-arabian-players-fail-to-acknowledge-minutes-silence/news-story/4b854913e4b4be744dafb0041ef51eaa

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The article states it is not Islamic to do this
I saw no mention of that.

If (when) civilians die in a drone strike, and the local country wants to observe a silence for them, what would the opposing team do? I'd generally think they'd join in or be somewhat respectful, but I don't know.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Alan Jones, Aussie shock jock?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So it"s Alan Alda they are always chanting. I knew I'd misheard them.

04.JPG

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sad to think that nations like this are the ones our lovely old country will have to cuddle up to in our post-Brexit world. Expect not a breath of criticism from the blessed Theresa.

I saw no mention of that.

If (when) civilians die in a drone strike, and the local country wants to observe a silence for them, what would the opposing team do? I'd generally think they'd join in or be somewhat respectful, but I don't know.

From the article:

Most of the Saudi Arabian side are Muslim and the custom of pausing for a moments silence to honour the dead is not common under Islam. Instead, it is custom to pray for the dead, give to charity on their behalf and remember.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
saudi's can do what they want....when they want.....they don't have to observe a minutes silence for murdered people if they don't want to....why should they...?? ffs , what's wrong with you people...?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Disrespectful ****ers...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
saudi's can do what they want....when they want.....they don't have to observe a minutes silence for murdered people if they don't want to....why should they...?? ffs , what's wrong with you people...?

Because they are human, and should show respect for the dead!?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here