Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saudi Players Ignore minutes silence

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
The problem is it just cements a nasty image problem, perception is everything. Every time the Saudi's act out, it distances them more from the West.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
It was a World Cup Qualifier, the game wasn't "in honour of Australians that died in the attacks".

That said, they could have just stood respectfully; looks like one of them did (I can't see the video).

I meant that the minutes silence was in honour of the Australians that died, not the game. But I can see how that is unclear.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You would hope so at least.
If not I would expect the Saudis to issue a statement explaining that they weren't told what was happening. I'm not holding my breath.

I meant that the minutes silence was in honour of the Australians that died, not the game. But I can see how that is unclear.
I thought it was pretty clear what you meant.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If not I would expect the Saudis to issue a statement explaining that they weren't told what was happening. I'm not holding my breath.

I thought it was pretty clear what you meant.
More likely to issue a statement saying that they don't give a **** and can do what they like.

Although they actually give so few ****s that in reality they'll probably say **** all.

The *****.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You would hope so at least.

So why say that you thought they may not know what was going on!? Of course they knew, and the disrespectful ****ers chose to 'ignore' the minutes silence..

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Why would you not though? Do you think the England team would fail to observe a minutes silence for any other nation if they played them?

i'm sorry mate , but you have completely missed my sardonic angle there......the only reason they didn't observe the minutes silence is because they are pig shit ignorant....!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
i'm sorry mate , but you have completely missed my sardonic angle there......the only reason they didn't observe the minutes silence is because they are pig shit ignorant....!
I think most of us got your point mate.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Might as well make every match start +1 minute these days. Constant mourning for this that and the other being pushed upon us because we must 'show' grief, it doesn't happen otherwise. You can't simply be trusted to reflect yourself, no you have to demonstrate or it hasn't happened / doesn't exist / can't be shared on social media with the other narcissists. And god forbid anyone who says hang on a sec, we didn't used to do this every week...? Perhaps the Saudi football team didn't KNOW any of the victims? Come to think of it, neither did I. Nor any of the Manchester ones. Or the Paris. Or Paris 2. Or Tunisia. Or Bali. Or Mumbai. Or Baghdad. Or Kabul. Or... But I do read the news and think 'poor buggers, that's horrific, RIP etc' everytime but this doesn't count until I attend a football match and pay my respects demonstrably with thousands of others. In the old days we used to do this at a place called Church, which younger fans won't be familiar with I know. But it's quite ironic really.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Poor Alan. He always gets the blame.
image.jpeg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Perhaps they had already done that?

"the custom of pausing for a moments silence to honour the dead is not common under Islam. Instead, it is custom to pray for the dead, give to charity on their behalf and remember"

I understand your not making excuses for them just stating what their custom is regarding this matter, it seems to me that they are in another country that does and should oblige and be respectful. This makes it seem at first glance they do not respect other beliefs and despise us the west that they don't even care if they offend us by not taking part.

I can well imagine the hate if the roles were reversed, half of Australia would have a fatwa for death issued against it by now.

Double standards and just another reason why, we will never see eye to eye.

Horrible country

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here