Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saudi Players Ignore minutes silence

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Having reviewed the footage, it looks like some of the Saudi's stood still but some we're still jigging about. It wouldn't have taken much for them just to pause for a minute like the rest of the stadium were doing or is that asking too much?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Utter scum .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't ever see the western countries observing minutes silence week in week out for terror attacks in the Middle East, so why should they observe it.
Courtesy? If Saudi held a minutes silence in a match in Riyadh, you can't really imagine the Australians ignoring it.

The debate about whether we are doing many of these silences is another thing though.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I don't ever see the western countries observing minutes silence week in week out for terror attacks in the Middle East, so why should they observe it.

Courtesy, sportsmanship, good manners , international relations, common decency etc .etc. the list goes on.
How many times have you been caught at a moment when a minute's silence is held that you don't personally care about? We all have, but we remain silent out of sheer respect for humanity.
FIFA have to censure them .

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

WTF!? Australia, correctly IMHO, wanted to observe a minutes silence... the Saudi scum decided to NOT observe... this makes them utterly disrespectful ****ers... show me an analogous situation in the UK or west... think, then type... it might help you not sound like a sad apologist for a horrible country's football team..

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Could that be because either:

a) they aren't playing a team from that nation week in week out

or

B) that nations association didn't request it

Not that hard to work out really. Having said that I don't care if they do or don't. They are just hypocritical turds deep down.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This minute silence stuff is overdone, OK the Saudis were blowing it out because they are a bunch of bigots but still, would you want a minutes silence for every possible attrocity?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe the Saudis didn't see the point of a minute's silence, seeing as half the victims were women? There were probably some Bangladeshis and Fillipinnos among the dead too. It hardly seems worth it does it?

:wanker:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here