Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Huddlestone

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I am sure they are aware... thats why i asked would you be interested ?.... so are you ? or should i not get people opinions on a message board ?

Opinions become tiresome when people are asking for them about every Tom, Dick or Cafu that gets mentioned on the clickbait/rumour sites.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't see Huddlestone being brought. While his passing range is accurate all over the pitch, he would be a luxury player for us. This is because his defensive skills are too light weight bearing in mind we are unlikely to be dominating games but rather will be solid defensively and looking to press and double up on the opposition. Also I think he was red carded a few times for Hull last season as he was late on tackles which is indicative of a lack of pace.
While the price is tempting a no from me.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
he has been relegated twice with Hull now hasn't he?

Not saying it was his fault but there are a few players who have a history of being relegated from the PL.

May sound daft but I would rather not have him.

(plus he was quite often dropped to the bench over the last couple of seasons wasn't he?)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In EVERY single game after January, their best / most dangerous player appear to be Grozicki.

Quicker, better Skalak

Yes, you're right, I'd forgotten about him, and I agree with your assessment. He'd be a really useful addition, as I think we need to add a right-footed wide player/winger/ACM to our squad, as I suspect of our current crop, only March and Knockaert will play regularly, and they're both left-footed. I'm not including Gross in there, simply on the basis that we don't know how he'll adapt to English football and the PL (I suspect he'll be alright), and we also have to be concerned about March's injury record over recent years. Murphy will be a decent PL squad player, but if we're over-relying on him, I fear for our season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't see Huddlestone being brought. While his passing range is accurate all over the pitch, he would be a luxury player for us. This is because his defensive skills are too light weight bearing in mind we are unlikely to be dominating games but rather will be solid defensively and looking to press and double up on the opposition. Also I think he was red carded a few times for Hull last season as he was late on tackles which is indicative of a lack of pace.

I know what you mean, but you still have to have players who when we get the ball can keep it, use it well and find a killer pass. In a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 he would be a great choice for me.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
(plus he was quite often dropped to the bench over the last couple of seasons wasn't he?)[/QUOTE]

160 appearances in last 4 years...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We can do better than this surely?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We can do better than this surely?

Really ?...... a 30yr old former England player with 400 premier league appearances for 2 million quid... if we can do better than that I am going to be bloody made up :)

More than likely Huddlestone will go to an established Prem side for more money than we can offer, just would like to think we have enquired to see if he would be interested and if its possible.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the last decade he's spent 8 seasons in the Prem, scoring 8 goals in 189 appearances. That's a woeful goal return for someone that is supposed to be creative.

He's 30, for me he's gone unnoticed in the Prem since he left Spurs and I'd put him at Championship level, the sort of player we might have bought had we not got promoted.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like him in a 5 man midfield as it negates his lack of mobility somewhat. For £2m he is an upgrade on Norwood as said elsewhere. Does he start? Not in front of Kayal for me but given his injury problems I'd say Huddlestone is a useful option to have around if the wages aren't too high, especially if we want to play on the counter as his range of passing is 2nd to none in the PL.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

This - too slow, hasn't got a defensive bone in his body - No.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here