Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election predictions

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Tories will win.

Probably with a similar majority to what they have now.

As mentioned already, the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems will probably all have new leaders before the next General Election.

So it will be the same tiresome balls.

Incidentally that's not because I am a "leftie", it's because like a lot of people I think politics and how the nation is governed needs an overhaul. So I would love to see a change in the electoral system to PR, but obviously if the Tories stay in that's never going to happen.

Oh and I reckon SNP will lose a couple of seats but will still be the dominant force in Scotland and within 3 years there'll be another divisive campaign (by all sides) regarding Scottish independence.

Our version of democracy is rubbish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The battle - a Labour pyrrhic victory in Kemp Town.

The war - an increased Tory overall majority, but not enough to give rural c*nts who push for fox hunting the numbers they need.

Lib Dems annihilated, UKIP similar (but they will wait in the wings should any government back track on leaving the EU), Plaid Cymru crushed and SNP momentum falls back a bit meaning they peaked in 2015. A good thing if Sturgeon cuts back with the gobby arrogance.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
The tories will win, millennials will cry all over facebook like they did after brexit and stupid liberal bloggers will piss and moan to their echo chamber. Meanwhile life will carry on as normal regardless, we will go to work, earn our modest wage, raise our families and slowly die.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tories will win.

Probably with a similar majority to what they have now.

As mentioned already, the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems will probably all have new leaders before the next General Election.

So it will be the same tiresome balls.

Incidentally that's not because I am a "leftie", it's because like a lot of people I think politics and how the nation is governed needs an overhaul. So I would love to see a change in the electoral system to PR, but obviously if the Tories stay in that's never going to happen.

Oh and I reckon SNP will lose a couple of seats but will still be the dominant force in Scotland and within 3 years there'll be another divisive campaign (by all sides) regarding Scottish independence.

Our version of democracy is rubbish.

Not a party political point, but being honest, at the time did you like the effect of the first-past-the-post system when it gave New Labour three general election victories in a row?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Here's your next Tory Toff PM, Tory boys.........

Amber-Rudd-immigration-EU-Brexit-902915.jpg

But me and my homeboys and girls are doing our best to mess it up for you!

scooby-doo-tv-01.jpg

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Heart says Labour by 50+ seats, head says tories with a slightly increased majority. May is replaced within 6 months for failing in her plan to deliberately blow the election, which would have left Labour to deal with, and get the blame for, the mess that is Brexit.

Amusing, I like it. Boris and Brexit deserve each other. A pity we have to be part of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As mentioned already, the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems will probably all have new leaders before the next General Election..

Tories - yep. She's lost a lot of credibility with the electorate and within her party. The Tories are ruthlessly efficient at getting rid of their leader and a lot of big names have been ominously silent of late.

Labour - I don't think so. Corbyn has played a blinder this election and if anything has further cemented his position as party leader. And McDonnell will fight tooth and nail to persuade him to stay if Corbyn starts having thoughts about resigning.

Lib Dems - I don't think Farron will resign because there's no-one left to replace him. If he does then I reckon it could well be Nick Clegg who takes back his old job.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Tories to win but much reduced with the posability of a progressive grouping outvoting them on the Final Brexit deal

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Would love to see Labour do it but here's what'll happen in my mind:

1. Tory landslide victory
2. Social media flooded with images of Corbyn with bullshit like "We don't deserve him anyway."
3. No more police, tax cuts for the rich, NHS privatised within two years, schools begin raffling off students to raise funds to buy pencils/books/paper etc,
4. Labour completely ineffective opposition, general consensus is we do need a centre-left party to challenge Conservatives (Blair saying this all along will be ignored)
5. Scotland votes for independence,
6. Hardest of hard Brexits,
7. UK becomes essentially a tax-haven to attract big business.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Not a party political point, but being honest, at the time did you like the effect of the first-past-the-post system when it gave New Labour three general election victories in a row?

Not really. Prior to the first Labour win I worked with a Dutch guy and we talked at length about politics and governments. Since then I've leant towards consensus and negotiation as the preferred way to govern. Yep I know there are flaws. I actually had high hopes for the coalition, but that didn't quite work out.

Plus through student politics I'd learnt quite a lot about New Labour and wasn't sold on it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Meanwhile on Havelock Road in Hastings, taxi drivers prepare themselves for a big job, on expenses of course, for some out of towner who might be headed back to London.

UBERmain5.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't be a dick, vote anything that means the tories won't win, our future depends on it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Don't be a dick, vote anything that means the tories won't win, our future depends on it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I agree with your sentiments, but for some reason, that reminded me of a quote from one of my all-time favourite films, The Producers - original version.
Don't be stupid, Be a smartie.
Come and join the Nazi Party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here