Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott Back!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Boris Johnson just raised the bar to insurmountable levels of incompetence in an interview with Eddie Mair on R4 teatime show . Truly stunning how bad it was

You seem to be under the misapprehension that anyone gives toss. The govt are in control, getting on with the business of BrExit and the government of the country. Let it go. Come back in five years.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You seem to be under the misapprehension that anyone gives toss. The govt are in control, getting on with the business of BrExit and the government of the country. Let it go. Come back in five years.

That's a very bold statement to suggest this government will last 5 years!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I see the Diane was sitting smiling at JC while he was making his speech I wonder if they will let her on Andrew Neil's late show :facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Well maybe you should write it in way that can not be readily read as she was not just diagnosed with non-serious condition. Which is what the added brackets of your statement imply, that is was neither serious or recent.
Also, why the lie about people not thinking she would come back? It was reported in all the press at the time that it was tempory. I am no fan of Abbott but this witch hunt is stupid.

Blimey you get to read all the press....must take you a fair old time

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

The whole point of that interview was that it exposed exactly how little this government is in control - or is able to 'get on with' any business let alone anything as substantial as Brexit or governing the country. What Eddie Mair (calmly) laid out was the simple fact that the Queen's speech shows there is no ambition to try and do anything of consequence beyond Brexit for the next two years,. And certainly nothing to tackle all those social injustices that Teresa May was so keen to tell us she cares about.

So quite apart from the joy provided by hearing the Boris falling to pieces - I would say people on both sides of politics should - and will - absolutely 'give a toss' about the weakness and inadequacy of this 'government'.

Also - as has been pointed out already - a whole lot of tosses were given when it was a black left-wing woman royally fuc*king up an interview - despite that fact she was only shadow Foreign Secretary and not the real thing - who actually does go out and represent all of us to the rest of the world.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
One thing that's puzzling me is the proportion of voters who said they were voting Labour/anyone but the Tories to 'limit the size of their majority' and weaken the government now seem to be constantly surprised and appalled at the current situation. You got what you wanted didn't you?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
One thing that's puzzling me is the proportion of voters who said they were voting Labour/anyone but the Tories to 'limit the size of their majority' and weaken the government now seem to be constantly surprised and appalled at the current situation. You got what you wanted didn't you?

Surprised? A bit, yes. But appalled? No, absolutely not.
It's a mess but compared to the damage that woud be caused by a big tory majority, pushing austerity and hard brexit for five long years, it's a mess that represents the lesser of two evils for me. For now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They all knew she would be back too as it was written in the press at the time that she would be. So I don't see how people can dupped by assuming she wouldn't! If anything they have dupped themselves by not actually reading the reports.
Far too much dupping in modern British politics. I bet Houghton could soon put a stop to it......................

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Surprised? A bit, yes. But appalled? No, absolutely not.
It's a mess but compared to the damage that woud be caused by a big tory majority, pushing austerity and hard brexit for five long years, it's a mess that represents the lesser of two evils for me. For now.

Well, at least you aren't appalled. Considering the debt level I'm not sure ongoing austerity is really a choice. Where the cuts fall obviously is and they have made some poor decisions. With public spending only 0.2% lower than it was in 2009 it could also be argued they haven't really cut that deep. What's hard Brexit?

Not sure how anything that gives Corbyn/McDonnell a sniff at power is the lesser of two evils .. each to their own.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Diane Abbott has been suspended as a Labour MP pending an investigation into a letter she wrote about racism to the Observer.

I barely noticed this with all this football malarkey going on.

Diane Abbott

DA1.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just how when she was writing the letter didn't she consider the fact that it wasn't going to go down well?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Letter belatedly withdrawn.

Brainless. Jews can and do face lifelong racism, that fact alone has led to countless genocides.

She really needs to move on from this far left contrived debate. Channelling 100% of her efforts on Labour’s general election hopes.
Doubt she’ll have to worry about representing Labour at the next GE now

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Letter belatedly withdrawn.

Brainless. Jews can and do face lifelong racism, that fact alone has led to countless genocides.

She really needs to move on from this far left contrived debate. Channelling 100% of her efforts on Labour’s general election hopes.
Won't they have a much better chance if she's kept as far away from the campaign as possible ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here