Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott Back!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wish i could have a break with my diabetes.
Well at least you've now got a 'get out of jail free' card if you ever completely **** up.

I'm actually in shock, how can people think this farce of an opposition should be in power?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I seem to remember some people on here suggesting she had dementia so criticising her was off limits/poor form. I wonder what the line is for diabetes?

Never mind I do know what it is. The PM has diabetes so I'm guessing it's ok to put the boot in once more.

A lot depends on if Abbot was previously diagnosed with diabetes, if she was her blood sugar control is poor to say the least, if she wasn't, it can come on slowly, and she may not have known she was suffering from it.
If my blood sugar gets low, I can be confused, without really knowing it, before other symptoms kick in.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A lot depends on if Abbot was previously diagnosed with diabetes, if she was her blood sugar control is poor to say the least, if she wasn't, it can come on slowly, and she may not have known she was suffering from it.
If my blood sugar gets low, I can be confused, without really knowing it, before other symptoms kick in.

Considering her lengthy back catalogue of poorly judged comments and car crash interviews she must have had this condition a long long time. Interesting to see if we see a new improved vaguely competent Shadow Home Secretary in the coming months.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

end of the campaign, the Labour frontbencher also revealed for the first time that she had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes two years ago, and said that was why she had taken a break.

From the Guardian......

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well at least you've now got a 'get out of jail free' card if you ever completely **** up.

I'm actually in shock, how can people think this farce of an opposition should be in power?

As opposed to this farce of a government? Not much of a choice, I'd say.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was it not obvious that she would be back.once the election was over?

Yup. Simply removed from any public utterances during the campaign as she was costing JC votes with her car-crash performances. Tories would've done exactly the same.....except most of their damaging comments came from May......

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so the dementia thing was just a lie?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh don't blame May for doing a bad job, she's been very ill, so you're not allowed to criticise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only tempory...damn auto correct.
Well the scam seems to have worked. Voters thought she'd just been diagnosed with a serious condition (she hadn't) and voters thought she wouldn't be back (she is):

This is very obviously a signal that - in the extremely unlikely event that Corbyn will be forming a government - Abbott will not be playing any central role.
Should be reassuring to all of those who's main (only) argument against Labour seems to be 'but Abbott'
I was talking in terms of the role in general. She won't be returning to the role of Shadow Home Secretary
Nope. It's about Diane Abbott. She's gone. Superb news for Labour.
https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/872387115715350528
Labour's Barry Gardiner just told me: "I have been told that Diane [Abbott] has been diagnosed with a serious, long-term condition"
Surely being shadow home secretary (or home secretary) entails more duties and responsibilities with an increased workload above and beyond those of a regular MP?

You've been proper mugged off.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Diabetes IS a serious long term condition. That it can be managed (although not always) if the sufferer is careful is not the point.

I really don't get why Ms Abbott comes in for such vituperative personal abuse from Tories. Is it because they are frightened of a strong black woman who isn't scared to offer opinions that don't agree with their white, male, middle class, little Englander view? You might think that she would be a poor Home Secretary or other potential Cabinet member, but that doesn't seem to justify the hatred she engenders.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Diabetes IS a serious long term condition. That it can be managed (although not always) if the sufferer is careful is not the point.

I really don't get why Ms Abbott comes in for such vituperative personal abuse from Tories. Is it because they are frightened of a strong black woman who isn't scared to offer opinions that don't agree with their white, male, middle class, little Englander view? You might think that she would be a poor Home Secretary or other potential Cabinet member, but that doesn't seem to justify the hatred she engenders.
It's not about colour it's about competence

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

She's a double standards. incompetent fool

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

As I said on another thread, we currently have a dreadful choice.

A Tory party in disarray,cobbling together a deal with the DUP, with a leader who will be gone by the time of their next conference and a hard left Labour Party whose manifesto is a gift to all and everyone, without the thought as to how, who and when it will be paid for.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

What the f@@k has colour got to do with it? She is an incompetent hypocrite who doesn't like the Country she lives in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here