Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F*** You, I'm Millwall

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Question : and someone on here will know the answer as you're a bright bunch (really)....

You're in a cafe, stood at the back. What you genuinely perceive to be a terrorist armed with a machete starts swinging it around, narrowly misses a couple of people, and you honestly think he's going to start killing.

In the heat of the moment you get the red mist, think 'f±ck you jihadi', pick up a steak knife, leap over three tables and sink it into his eye socket. He flops to the ground, dead.

Have you just committed murder? Will you have to stand trial for that, and get 10 years for 'manslaughter' at best?

Where would you stand, legally?

With today's judicial system, you'd probably get 25 years and a court order to pay his family compensation for the pain and suffering you inflicted upon them.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just wondering what the average Grauniad Reader is going to make of this.

Rather than meeting their justifiable knife based protest with violence surely it would have been better to have suggested a breakout session to discuss their ongoing issues with the UK? Which of course are all our fault.

I'm an average Grauniad reader, although I don't eat muesli or wear sandals, and I say fair play to him. I'd like to think I'd have done the same if I'd been in his situation.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
With today's judicial system, you'd probably get 25 years and a court order to pay his family compensation for the pain and suffering you inflicted upon them.

Which led to my question, which was worded a bit slyly to see if anyone was taking notice.

I suspected he was a terrorist, he was waving a machete, but he hadn't killed anyone. However, I'd leapt over three tables to plunge a blade into his brain, via his eyeball, and dispatched his arse into the next life.

All in the heat of the moment, but in the cold light of day, with some tur-watt of a prosecutor claiming the poor man didn't really mean it and he was mentally unstable at the time - would I be making furniture for £3.50 a day to buy some snout and rent a telly for the next 15 years.

Just a hypothetical question... I know the law in this country can be utterly ridiculous, that's all.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Confession to make

I am on this site because my mate is Manager of BHA

See my posts in the past. I never ever slate Millwall. However, I have always been embarrassed but racist background and their reputation for violence. As a Club and their Board of Directors do so much to promote harmony within the Community and all over London.

The fans have often let them down and I have never openly ever said I for many years held a ST down there. Great Club and never ever had something to be proud of except the fact that you cant help who you support and have never ever swayed from that. Your team is your team.

Where's the link for me. A shit stupid one - Millwall sounds like Motherwell my boyhood team. I have hated all my years following Millwall, the Racist and violent reputation they have had. When I saw that news story tonight. I felt a great sense of pride.

This season was great for me Brighton got promoted and I always want Chris to be successful. Millwall got promoted. That means my team and CH's team don't have to play each other, so no divided loyalties. That guy who did that the other night. I never justify violence in any way shape or form but in the instance. Who knows, I felt violence possibly saved lived. He probably saved about 5 or 6 lives by fighting those terrorists of for all of 30 seconds. That perhaps allowed many people to flee the attackers.

Its lovely to see Millwall get some good Press for a change and that guy for whatever his reasons for doing what he did deserves all the recognition and respect he attains

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Confession to make

I am on this site because my mate is Manager of BHA

With that revelation, there's absolutely no need for any kind of confession here.

Which led to my question, which was worded a bit slyly to see if anyone was taking notice.

I suspected he was a terrorist, he was waving a machete, but he hadn't killed anyone. However, I'd leapt over three tables to plunge a blade into his brain, via his eyeball, and dispatched his arse into the next life.

All in the heat of the moment, but in the cold light of day, with some tur-watt of a prosecutor claiming the poor man didn't really mean it and he was mentally unstable at the time - would I be making furniture for £3.50 a day to buy some snout and rent a telly for the next 15 years.

Just a hypothetical question... I know the law in this country can be utterly ridiculous, that's all.

These days, if you say you're English, you get arrested! These days

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Doesn't it just warm the cockles of yer heart to read a story like this. I thought the days of ' have a go heroes ' had passed. I thought we lived in a society where people pass quickly by others in distress, not wanting to get involved. Where people cower in the background frighten to intervene, even when they know something is wrong. Where the first thought of many is to whip out the mobile and start taking pictures, rather than helping.
The police continually tell us not to get involved but if Roy Larner had not intervened, how many more people would have been stabbed or even killed? This is the spirit of defiance that we need to show. He put his life at risk to save others and I'd like to think that a lot of us would have done the same.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
special shout out as well to Spaniard Ignacio Echeverría

used his skateboard as a weapon against lunatics with suicide vests on.....(i doubt he knew they were fake).........skateboard v Jihadis.....FFS.....well played :clap2:

_96349390_igechfbook.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Just wondering what the average Grauniad Reader is going to make of this.

Rather than meeting their justifiable knife based protest with violence surely it would have been better to have suggested a breakout session to discuss their ongoing issues with the UK? Which of course are all our fault.

As an average Guardian reader I say great effort Roy, incredible that you stood your ground despite seeing the massive blades they were carrying. Shame there weren't more people about with the same bottle to take them on.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some social media sites saying that Arsenal fans want The Sun banned from the emirates for concentrating on one of the terrorists wearing an Arsenal shirt.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
and it should do dave. it seems, i'm guessing, that those ****ers planned to attack bars at borough market having killed maybe 4 or 5 people beforehand but hadn't expected resistance, but despite the 10 inch blades were fought off by britain's finest: a mix of old hoolies, workers from around the world, and lads and ladies enjoying a night out. for this reason, I salute them all. i have no doubt those cowards expected a much bigger casualty rate. so **** them and thanks lads and ladies for saving many lives

Spot on mate.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here