Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Weather

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It's bloody terrible today isn't it? I just landed back from a mini break in Spain, got home, looked out at my decking in the garden and it looks more like the deck of the Mary Rose!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My daughter is cabin crew with Thomas Cook and they flew back into Gatwick from Las Palmas at about 1am and the pilot took 2 attempts to land as the weather was so bad.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
BBC local news just reported that Southern are announcing delays due to wind and rain.

This is on top of leaves on the line; hot weather (presumably affecting rails); light snow showers; etc etc.

Is there any type of weather that does not affect rail travel in this country when the rest of the world gets on with it and must laugh at our ability to run a rail service?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
BBC local news just reported that Southern are announcing delays due to wind and rain.

This is on top of leaves on the line; hot weather (presumably affecting rails); light snow showers; etc etc.

Is there any type of weather that does not affect rail travel in this country when the rest of the world gets on with it and must laugh at our ability to run a rail service?

TBF all seems to be running on time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If it rains at Edgbaston on Saturday, Australia will be whinging about our lovely weather. They could be denied the semi finals without having been able to finish a game.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
My gazebo, complete with outdoor cinema screen lies tattered and twisted.

Top Garden.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There are several trees down. South West trains have had to deal with a blocked line.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Four more days of sunshine before a two day wet spell, don't know how we cope here.
Will have to resort to long trousers soon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Four more days of sunshine before a two day wet spell, don't know how we cope here.
Will have to resort to long trousers soon.

What about Sunday week, Melbourne way?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've looked and looked again, but I can't see a single Police officer in that picture.
Clearly they have raised their game in terms of blending into the community :)

That are camouflaged as trees and bushes...lol

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My daughter is cabin crew with Thomas Cook and they flew back into Gatwick from Las Palmas at about 1am and the pilot took 2 attempts to land as the weather was so bad.
Christ he must be shit, regardless of the weather I could definitely do it in one.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

East coast surprisingly alright

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here