hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Naylor now reporting it if that makes any difference to anyone......

Albion are keen to add Australian international Maty Ryan to their goalkeeping options for the Premier League.

The Seagulls are closing in on the capture of the Valencia shot-stopper, The Argus understands.

Ryan, 25, is under contract with the Spanish club for another four seasons but has struggled for game time and was loaned out this year to Belgian club Genk.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Naylor now reporting it if that makes any difference to anyone......

Albion are keen to add Australian international Maty Ryan to their goalkeeping options for the Premier League.

The Seagulls are closing in on the capture of the Valencia shot-stopper, The Argus understands.

Ryan, 25, is under contract with the Spanish club for another four seasons but has struggled for game time and was loaned out this year to Belgian club Genk.
The sort of thing he would write if it were embargoed news ? ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The sort of thing he would write if it were embargoed news ? ???

Naylor makes the point that the club are after 3 experienced keepers this season + Walton who will go out on loan.
So potentially Ryan, Maenpaa (who has signed) + A.nother/Stockdale

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's a picture in a plane. There's no evidence of which airport. :lol:

Does this help?
2017-06-06 13.41.32.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Naylor makes the point that the club are after 3 experienced keepers this season + Walton who will go out on loan.
If Ryan signs, Stockdale won't and vice versa - Ryan wants to leave Valencia as he is struggling for game time, so if he comes here it won't be to sit on the bench. By the same token, if Stockdale were to re-sign he will expect to be first choice.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I can just imagine the club announcing a triple signing of all 3, that would certainly be good news for fans.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Ryan signs, Stockdale won't and vice versa - Ryan wants to leave Valencia as he is struggling for game time, so if he comes here it won't be to sit on the bench. By the same token, if Stockdale were to re-sign he will expect to be first choice.
True.

Ryan has 4 years left on his contract so won't come here for less than 3 years.

We really won't want Stockdale on a 3 year deal as well, because we'll be planning on bringing Walton through.

Hence we are not offering Stockdale the contract length he may want at present with Ryan's signing a possibility.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm guessing we are going to try and add JJ at centre forward as well now. The two of them link up great, and I would back JJ to win a whole host of headers with Matty Ice hitting him with the deep ball.

Wouldn't Julio Jones make a better gk than Ryan? His sole job is to catch balls. I'm not happy with this deal, there's no place in our squad for a quarter back, even one coming off a career year...

Probably the first ever phone pic evidence ever posted :bowdown:

I seem to remember there being one of Vicente in a restaurant in Hove on the magnificent Vicente thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here