Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matt Ryan - SIGNED FOR CLUB RECORD TRANSFER FEE

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Why has he only got one 'T' , did his parents MIPSELL his name on the Birth Certificate ?

The original Matthew in the Biblical sense was a Tax Collector. Perhaps she wanted to disassociate her son from him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The original Matthew in the Biblical sense was a Tax Collector. Perhaps she wanted to disassociate her son from him.

Or perhaps in the rush to write anything other than Bruce on the birth certificate his parents spelt Matthew wrong.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm looking forward to watching him and of course I hope he's going to be a success, but I think I would have been more comfortable with Stockdale. Hopefully it's just me being nervous of what's to come and he will be a big step up in class.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone know what the fee was?

Still a bit annoying that we don't publicise it, especially when its a record

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Walton to Wigan on loan stories gathering pace. I suppose we'll want to tie him to a contract extension first.

Very much hope so..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
General consensus is 6m Euros - so around £5.2m

Or to put it another way:-

Holder of the title 'Club Record Transfer Fee', just a few days longer than Will Buckley.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Good spot Doc, makes me feel a lot more confident about letting Stockdale go.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
According to the excellent Brian Owen in the Argus, the fee is €6m, which works out as £5.25 million

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Thought this was interesting.

Very interesting thanks. I did think that however good Matt was in commanding his area and shot stopping, he was going to have to be VERY good with his feet as Stockdale had set a whole new level for Albion Keepers.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Thought this was interesting.

Great clip, thanks. I only saw 25 minutes of the match today but the pundits observations were pretty much word for word how I described his play to my son earlier. I think we are in for some 'fun' times at the Amex next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here