Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

World's Hardest Creature 10th year anniversary champion of champions summer special?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What with it being:

A) The dull bit of they year between the end of the season and the start of pre season and it not being a tournament year, and

B) This being the tenth year anniversary of NSC's greatest/favourite/most exciting/most worthwhile/most looked forward to/none of the above poll

Is anyone up for a tenth anniversary special?

If so, what format would you like?

I was thinking either a one off straight up royal rumble style all in dust up between all seven previous winners(Polar Bear, S.W Croc, Honey badger, Orca, Hippo, Mantis Shrimp, Black Mamba). Or allowing the two beaten finalists(wolverine and Grasshopper Mouse) into the competition as well, making three groups of three with the winners and best runner up progressing to the semi finals(or possibly the three winners going straight into a three way final).

Thoughts? Any other formats?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't want to be a killjoy but shirley there can only be ONE World's Hardest Creature? I mean once it was finally and deservedly established that the Honey Badger is the rightful owner of this sobriquet the entitlement must stand for all time unless, and only unless, one of the pretenders to the throne suddenly develops a massive evolutionary development in terms of their own hardness which, lets face it, isn't going to happen. I mean a Polar Bear is a Polar Bear, a salt water croc is a salt water croc etc etc etc - they are what they are and their credentials have been established, and rejected. The Honey Badger rules forever - let it be so!!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Why not? I'm sick of all the politics threads on here, I'd rather focus on the issues that really matter, like whether hardness is determined by relative size or which one would win in a fight (or conversely which one would still be up for a fight despite the fact it would clearly not win the fight).

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No - let the Honey Badger enjoy a full year of being an undisputed champion before normal service resumes.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Meh. :shrug:

It'll still end up being the rubbish Honey Badger in the final against a mouse or an amoeba or something.

NSC equivalent of FIFA voting for Qatar for the 2022 World Cup.

Fix!

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Funny the first time but a bit boring now.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
No - let the Honey Badger enjoy a full year of being an undisputed champion before normal service resumes.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that.

The title, theoretically wouldn't be WHC Champion, it'd be something else as this would be a limited competition rather than the anyone's allowed in regular WHC.

But if there's no/little appetite for the competition then there'll be no competition.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
One single Royal Rumble poll, all previous winners in a week long vote off. If the winner wins with under 50% of the vote we have one final head to head like the French election that just went by with first and second.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'm all in favour of an animal-related competition to relieve the boredom, but maybe a different one. Worlds Stupidest Animal for example?

Homo Sapiens (sic) would walk that, surely?

World's Ugliest Creature??

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yeah I'm up for an alternative stupidest / ugliest / most pointless creature competition.
Think that WHC ought to remain an annual event only or it might lose some of it's glamour. That's right I said glamour.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cant we have worlds hardest TV Character instead?

something like

a. Harold Bishop

harold_bishop.jpg

b. Benny from Crossroads

Crossroads-Benny-599597.jpg

c. Spudgun and Little Dave Hedgehog

tumblr_muikgvfkgi1qhzfaeo1_500.jpg

d. Bodie's Capri

vhk12w.jpg

:facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions