Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Dyche

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Where are all the Burnley and Palace fans who post on this board and are so happy to give opinions about us?

Well, a Claret fan who posts on here but not sure I've stepped on any toes...

In any case, would be surprised for Sean to go, he's a manager who knows very well how unstable management can be (see his time at Watford). That said perhaps he fancies a different club.

If he does I'll wish him well, understand that he's not popular to many outside our club but he's done very well at Burnley. Given his background he's usually associated with Midlands clubs when job offers come up.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Dyche has probably taken Burnley as far as he can. If their home form isn't as good next year, they'll be in trouble.

Also, he's known for packing his sides with 6ft+ players and hoofing it forward, which is what CP have been used to in the past.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

In any case, would be surprised for Sean to go, he's a manager who knows very well how unstable management can be (see his time at Watford). That said perhaps he fancies a different club.

If he does I'll wish him well, understand that he's not popular to many outside our club but he's done very well at Burnley. Given his background he's usually associated with Midlands clubs when job offers come up.

From outside he has done a brilliant job and your board made a wise decision backing him when you got relegated. You don't seem too concerned about losing him? Who would you want to replace him?

I fear he might do a decent job at Palace.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

pported Dyche

Sean is OK guy and not how he can come across sometimes.

I think he would turn Palace job down. No insight, just a feeling. Palace Chairman meddles in team decisions if Manager doesn't stand up to him. Burnley really supported Dyche in a lot of things in last few years and I think he would be quite loyal. Palace do pay more though and I don't know what ages Sean's kids are so not sure whether geography would be an issue.

Working for a good Chairman means a lot to some Managers. Some others don't give a shit because they know the sack is just around the corner so they become Mercenaries to salary in return. I don't think Dyche is the latter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

He's a decent bloke, good manager, progressive coach and has done wonders with the squad at his disposal. I hope he stays at Burnley, suspect Palace will throw money at him though, which might be tempting.

As for the whiners on here who criticise him purely on looks and voice, I can only presume they all resemble Brad Pitt.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
From outside he has done a brilliant job and your board made a wise decision backing him when you got relegated. You don't seem too concerned about losing him? Who would you want to replace him?

I fear he might do a decent job at Palace.

I would be sad to see him go, the big challenge he has is moving from a team who rely on looking not to loseto one which has a bit more about it going forward. I'm not sure who I'd want to replace him. Prior to Dyche we had Eddie Howe who was the opposite (needed to score 3 a match to guarantee a point!). Ultimately it's about who wants a tough job at a club with limited funds and who (if they worked wonders) would be looking to move up. Dyche has been involved in a lot of the back room investments (e.g. new training facilities) so I think he knows he has a secure job as any in the Prem.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I would be sad to see him go, the big challenge he has is moving from a team who rely on looking not to loseto one which has a bit more about it going forward. I'm not sure who I'd want to replace him. Prior to Dyche we had Eddie Howe who was the opposite (needed to score 3 a match to guarantee a point!). Ultimately it's about who wants a tough job at a club with limited funds and who (if they worked wonders) would be looking to move up. Dyche has been involved in a lot of the back room investments (e.g. new training facilities) so I think he knows he has a secure job as any in the Prem.

"Three a match to guarantee a point"? Sometimes it was 4 under Howe:( Just before he did his "runner", Howe's last three games in charge in the space of 7 days were Millwall 2-2 (h), winless Sheff Wed 3-3 (h) and Crystal Palace 3-4 (a) after being 2-0 up. And this was with a decent-looking defence in Lee Grant, Kieron Trippier, Mike Duff, Jason Shackell, Ben Mee.

Limited budget maybe compared to some, but Dyche has been promised major funds this summer by the usually parsimonious Burnley chairman and we are expected to break our transfer record (£13 million) again "at least once - maybe twice".

I thought Palace were a bit short of funds after splashing out on 4 players in January.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
"Three a match to guarantee a point"? Sometimes it was 4 under Howe:( Just before he did his "runner", Howe's last three games in charge in the space of 7 days were Millwall 2-2 (h), winless Sheff Wed 3-3 (h) and Crystal Palace 3-4 (a) after being 2-0 up. And this was with a decent-looking defence in Lee Grant, Kieron Trippier, Mike Duff, Jason Shackell, Ben Mee.

Limited budget maybe compared to some, but Dyche has been promised major funds this summer by the usually parsimonious Burnley chairman and we are expected to break our transfer record (£13 million) again "at least once - maybe twice".

I thought Palace were a bit short of funds after splashing out on 4 players in January.

Bit harsh on Howe, he never settled and had family problems but he did like a scorefest.....the difference with Palace is that they'll be offering big money in terms of salary. Benteke and Zaha will be on very high wages. Remember a couple of seasons ago when we were alongside Sunderland in the relegation scrap and they picked up Defoe on 80k or so a week. That's the big difference.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

It's never bothered them in the past.

Owusu12

May 24, 2017
Unfortunately I think Dyche would be a good appointment by Palace.

Big Sam got them more organised and playing as a unit and I believe Dyche would continue where Allardyce left off.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't think it was possible but dyche would make me hate palace more!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sean is OK guy and not how he can come across sometimes.

I think he would turn Palace job down. No insight, just a feeling. Palace Chairman meddles in team decisions if Manager doesn't stand up to him. Burnley really supported Dyche in a lot of things in last few years and I think he would be quite loyal. Palace do pay more though and I don't know what ages Sean's kids are so not sure whether geography would be an issue.

Working for a good Chairman means a lot to some Managers. Some others don't give a shit because they know the sack is just around the corner so they become Mercenaries to salary in return. I don't think Dyche is the latter.

have to say I would agree with that assessment based on what i have seen... i would have taken him here as manager .

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I love what Dyche has done in his near 5 years at Burnley but I actually think we might have a better chance of staying up next season with a new manager with a better track record in recruiting (especially in the foreign market). OK, Dyche kept us up despite inflexible tactics but it is worrying he fell back on his old stalwarts like Arfield, Boyd and Barnes while leaving flair players like Brady (£13 million), Defour (£8 million) Gudmunsson (£3 million) and Gray (£9 million) on the bench. It can be argued that only Hendrick (£10 million) of the big signings was a partial success.

Despite getting Brady and Westwood (£5 million) in January, the midfield got WORSE after losing powerhouse Dean Marney to a knee injury for the last 16 games.

If Dyche goes to Palace, will he have Zaha and Townsend tucking in narrow and being required to track back constantly while having Benteke run around up front like a blue-ars*d fly...AKA Ashley Barnes?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here