Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sky is now reporting fatalities, my condolences and respect to all those that were involved in this incident.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Do they though? Christians tend to dislike Muslims, actually all other religions tend to not get on with muslims, however Hindus and Sikhs don't tend to like each other and commies tend to dislike the lot of them, makes me feel a bit commie in that respect :wink:

There are no disputes that I know

Do Hindus and Sikhs have any problems currently? The most peaceful religion in the world the Buddhist and they just want to kill Mulsims these days after the hell they gave them. When Buddhist start killing you know there's a problem.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I think the powers that be - and that doesn't necessarily mean Govt - have a way of keeping order in their land, and I am still not sure why this has happened twice in a week just before an election.

Are you ****ing serious right now? You really know a time and a place don't you, people died less than an hour ago, shut the **** up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why did this concert in Manchester have to be this week?

Our police are already stretched with the CL final, ICC Champions trophy, among the other concerts etc.

It could have waited a couple of weeks.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think the problem is Muslims or rather Islamists don't get on with anyone and turn to violence very quickly. Not sure how it can be dealt with. it's not like every Islamist can be tagged . I think our society will stop being so tolerant to these type of people and about time.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyway news is starting to leak and I think this thread should be finished or renamed. I have no problem with people arguing or answering my stance on this whole shite. I think the powers that be - and that doesn't necessarily mean Govt - have a way of keeping order in their land, and I am still not sure why this has happened twice in a week just before an election.

You've made a right **** of yourself in this thread.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Unfortunately 6 peole have been confirmed dead and the 3 attackers. 48 people have also been taken to hospital.
Stories are also emerging of heroic acts by members of the public and the police that stopped more people being injured or killed.
Such sad news again.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
You did not have Catholics all around the world attacking non Catholics.

The IRA attacked indiscriminately in England and occasionally Catholics died, just as muslims are sometimes killed in attacks by terrorists from their own faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
No, you're the dozy prick. The IRA were viewing the British as occupiers in their land and they wanted to re-unite their country. Yes, they were Catholics/Protestants, but the underlying goal was Brits out of Ireland.

This is Islam and it's teaching wanting to change the West with the eventual goal of Islamic laws. They despise the western way of life.

So the IRA fought against domestic policy. Has it occurred to you that UK foreign policy in the last 20 years may be a causative factor (not the only cause) of our current situation? Do you think 20 years of us dropping bombs on muslim children is a thing they'll sit back & accept?

As for despising the western way of life and wanting to change our society/laws/faith, can you think of any western countries hell bent on imposing democracy by force on civilisations that don't welcome it?

On reflection, the world might be a quieter place with Saddam Hussein still in it.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Just as the IRA were attacking to gain an Irish state these Islamists are attacking the UK because they want the whole world to be an Islamic state.

There's a massive difference in the end goal of both ideologies.

Don't be so naive to think "moderate" Muslims don't hold extreme views.

As said in a reply to a similar post, the IRA fought against domestic policy, IS are fighting against 20 years of UK foreign policy. Moderates will be pushed to extremism if you drop bombs on their children for long enough. I disagree with your statement, I think there are massive similarities in the end goal.

And the UK has, along with many other countries currently experiencing terror attacks, waged war, toppled dictators, imposed western democracy, on the countries of origin for Islamist terrorists. Do we want the whole world to be our way too?

Don't be so naive to think that the British governments of the last 3 decades have questions to answer.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Oh do bugger off! Have you been in cryogenic storage? Have you been born only a few years ago? Have you had a labotomy or are you on largactil? Have you researched any of the Qu'ran? Do you understand the basic fundamental differences between their ideology and our religious freedoms? Dork.

No
I'm 44
No again
And no again
I could talk all day about religious freedoms but you wouldn't listen to an ex catholic atheist.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Several streets around the London Bridge area remain closed:

London Bridge
Southwark Bridge
Borough High Street
Southwark Street
Lower Thames Street
King William Street
Gracechurch Street
Canon Street

London Bridge station will remain closed for the rest of the day and Borough Tube station is also shut.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
As said in a reply to a similar post, the IRA fought against domestic policy, IS are fighting against 20 years of UK foreign policy. Moderates will be pushed to extremism if you drop bombs on their children for long enough. I disagree with your statement, I think there are massive similarities in the end goal.

And the UK has, along with many other countries currently experiencing terror attacks, waged war, toppled dictators, imposed western democracy, on the countries of origin for Islamist terrorists. Do we want the whole world to be our way too?

Don't be so naive to think that the British governments of the last 3 decades have questions to answer.

For goodness sake.

All governments always have questions to answer. You are implying that we almost deserve this to happen because we as a country have been responsible for murdering Muslim children.

It's hard to know where to start when assertions like this are made. And certainly not worth entering into a discussion if that is your belief.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
the IRA fought to get the British out of their country.......unfortunately the British have a reputation of shoving their noses into other peoples business , unfortunately the British govt. has spent the last 50 years trying to atone for the perceived atrocities overseas which were committed hundreds of years ago......apologists to the extent that they have basically allowed wholesale migration to the UK by people claiming to be refugees but in reality were just coming here for a better way of life , education & the NHS which is now at breaking point......people whose sole purpose is to breed at an alarming rate and why on earth wouldn't they when the Govt.s of the day are prepared to pay them a sterling amount per head , per week , per child....ffs........may have seemed like a great idea at the time but not any more...........seeing as huge numbers of these people are not prepared to face the consequences of leaving the faith we now have millions of malcontented , disenfranchised Arabs & Asians trying to recreate their homelands on British soil .......the irony is quite nauseating to be honest , and people who would rather just bicker and points score over the finer points of history are even more so.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here