Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Mostly agree with that, but not on a couple of points.

1). "Integration hasn't happened as many "liberals" would hope".
The trouble is, too many liberals decided that expecting people to integrate wasn't liberal enough, and that multi-culturalism was a much better option. It wasn't, and it isn't. It didn't work, hasn't worked, and never will work. These troubles will go on until this particular group does what other incomers to this country have done over the years; integrating, while at the same time adding some splendid bits of their culture to to the pot.

2). "One wronged person in custody is worth 10 innocent aloud to live."
They can be as noisy as they f*kc*n like, but they must be allowed to live!

Through my work I know a lot of second/third generation immigrants who are appear as we are. They still are not. The difference is the influence of not really religion but their culture. Many want, yearn for our way of life but are held back by their parents and alike who find us abhorrent, who have refused to learn our language, our culture and respect.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The trouble is, too many liberals decided that expecting people to integrate wasn't liberal enough, and that multi-culturalism was a much better option. It wasn't, and it isn't. It didn't work, hasn't worked, and never will work. These troubles will go on until this particular group does what other incomers to this country have done over the years; integrating, while at the same time adding some splendid bits of their culture to to the pot.

I 100% agree. I wouldn't expect to go and live in India and not adjust to their culture/way of life without incurring at the least disapproval and resentment, I'd also be a bit of a c*ck. However, I'd not expect to abandon my roots either. Integration should be possible, indeed, I am friends with Muslims who as far as I'm concerned are as integrated as me and who are equally horrified by recent events. They have added 'splendid bits to the pot' and I for one am enriched by their friendship. The problems arise in that we've allowed such mass immigration that huge ghettos have developed where it is not necessary nor locally desirable to integrate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Manchester bomber was reported according to most reports I've read from within his own community.

Yes he was, 2 or 3 times, and ignored.
Yes, I've seen this reported before, and if true is indeed most welcome. And also, if it is true, there need to be some very uncomfortable questions asked about why these reports seem to have been either ignored, discounted, or not acted upon. Or at the very least, not taken seriously enough.

This little trickle of good actions, though, needs to become a whole landslide - nay, a veritable avalanche! - before our present troubles even begin to be over.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I just googled that quote and it led me back to your post on here.

What is the source?

My original post quote. Came from the Andrew Neil interview with Corbyn.

Here, I've cut and pasted for you from the transcript online.

Google yourself silly mate.

"AN: But I’m struggling to find the role of foreign policy. You see, Islamic State was founded well before the invasion of Iraq. It’s murdering people across Europe because it hates our values. Only this year they said this: ‘some might argue that your foreign policies are what drives our hatred. But this particular reason for hating you is secondary. Even if you were to stop bombing us we would continue to hate you we hate your secularism, your lack of modesty and your democracy. Our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.’ It’s not foreign policy".

The original quote from Isis is online too somewhere but I can't be arsed.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Those on the watch list must be there for a reason but we cannot keep an eye on them 24/7.
If enough is enough (or is it more empty words from May) then I have no problem in rounding them up and putting them somewhere where they can be kept an eye on 24/7, at least for the time being.
Not something I really like to see, but this cannot continue and those on the watch list are probably the ones to strike.
And, somehow we have to stop everyone returning by whatever route back into this country from Syria, Iraq and Afganistan (usually via Turkey) and put them in the same place as the others.
With these people rounded up it will allow a lot more resources to concentrate on other extremists that are not yet on the watch list.
Longer term the Government has got to engage with Muslims to help us get to these people before they act.

It will piss a lot of other extremists off that we've got their brothers locked up more like, and we'd need a lot more extra resources to keep an eye on that lot too.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I think you mean the EDL but I do agree with your sentiments

Word. If the EFL was in charge of challenging Islamist terror the answer would be shown on TV once or twice a year and Brighton would lose.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
While trivialise what happened yesterday?

I'm just guessing but I imagine British humour is something that Islamists hate. In that case I'm all for it. We've a proud tradition of laughing at existential threats to our way of life from Napoleon to Hitler. Should we all sit at home grizzling then?

I agree with this. As a person with christian beliefs, whilst I think everyone should express ideas thoughtfully, I would not hesitate to defend someone's right to dispute and even denigrate my religion should they so wish. Christianity went through a reformation which Islam never has. I think that makes a difference apart from the peaceful nature of Jesus Christ as opposed to Mohammed. There has been a kind of Orwellian situation the past twenty years or so in which, if I may misquote, 'All religions are equal, but some religions are more equal than others.' It is precisely because we have pussy-footed around the problem of criticism of Islam/The Prophet, that we have many of these home grown nutters who have been allowed to nurture their intolerance for our way of life whilst enjoying the benefits befitting of some one who lives in the West. I am of the opinion that all belief which is likely to allow for indiscriminate treatment of our laws and any separate system of law, such as Sharia, should be outlawed. Any such people who desire to live under such laws/beliefs, should be encouraged to emigrate to a country where their beliefs will not cause discord and if that is not possible, they should be interred. Imagine if in the second world war, we had allowed Nazi sympathisers to try to build another society alongside our own culture, that would have been unthinkable.
My views exactly, but your words were expressed in a more classy way than I could ever do. Top work!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
‘some might argue that your foreign policies are what drives our hatred. But this particular reason for hating you is secondary. Even if you were to stop bombing us we would continue to hate you we hate your secularism, your lack of modesty and your democracy. Our primary reason for hating you will not cease to exist until you embrace Islam.’ .

I don't think it's all our foreign policy (some of it maybe but not all). I think it's about empowerment. Some Muslims feel that Islam is the most important thing in the world; to them Islam is everything. And before the internet and satellite TV, they could live in an insular community that was, as far as they were aware, the same as the rest of the world.
Then, a few years ago, along came technology that allowed them to get connected and they looked at the world and they saw that it was different to how they thought; The power and importance in the world wasn't Islam and Allah and Mohammed, it was MTV and Coca Cola.
That's where the hate started to fester. They saw that we, in the First world were better off than them, happier, healthier and had more control over our own lives; if we wanted to sing and dance or have casual relationships we could because we didn't pay much attention to medieval books telling us it was wrong.
They started to think "how can we make these Kaffir realise that Islam is more important that their ways ?" because to them it is everything. They started asking "how can we make Islam more prominent than Western culture ?".
In the twisted minds of Fundamentalists, terrorist acts are about empowering Islam not imposing it.

Course that's just a theory, might be bollocks

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think it's all our foreign policy (some of it maybe but not all). I think it's about empowerment. Some Muslims feel that Islam is the most important thing in the world; to them Islam is everything. And before the internet and satellite TV, they could live in an insular community that was, as far as they were aware, the same as the rest of the world.
Then, a few years ago, along came technology that allowed them to get connected and they looked at the world and they saw that it was different to how they thought; The power and importance in the world wasn't Islam and Allah and Mohammed, it was MTV and Coca Cola.
That's where the hate started to fester. They saw that we, in the First world were better off than them, happier, healthier and had more control over our own lives; if we wanted to sing and dance or have casual relationships we could because we didn't pay much attention to medieval books telling us it was wrong.
They started to think "how can we make these Kaffir realise that Islam is more important that their ways ?" because to them it is everything. They started asking "how can we make Islam more prominent than Western culture ?".
In the twisted minds of Fundamentalists, terrorist acts are about empowering Islam not imposing it.

That is certainly an interesting viewpoint.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Good stuff, but never forget that also hate devout Shias, Kurds, Buddhists and obscure Islamist sects often in non-westernised parts of the world.

They simply hate others.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
EfLshril.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here