Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

police dealing with incident on London bridge.,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 41m41 minutes ago
More
Whatever the United States can do to help out in London and the U. K., we will be there - WE ARE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS!

Thanks Donald, but we have the best emergency services in the world sorting this out currently

I have to say that the best thing you can do for London and the UK is to resign. The world would then be a safer place.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think many of us are feeling despair, sadness and, in some cases, anger and hate.
We want to strike back at these *******s, we want them to feel the pain that we feel. We want them to know how much we despise them and their twisted ideology.
The problem is, we don’t know who they are, or where they are. For sure we can say “Its all of them, everyone who wears a dish-dash or keffiyeh or burka”. We can take revenge by setting fire to a mosque or chucking a pig’s head into a halal butchers. And for a minute we might feel better.
But that’s just what the scum that carry out these attacks want, they want to incite hatred and stir up conflict because that will cause escalation on both “sides”; that will drive more brothers to jihad and will lead to more innocent people being caught up in the mayhem.
The best way to deal with them is to refuse to stop to their level, to refuse to hate, to refuse to become like them because if we do, we become the very thing we have such utter contempt for.
It will hurt to rise above it, for some it will hurt unbearably but rise above it we must if we are to show them that we are better than them.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
'Emergency services cover body'

Thread started at 22:33, the aftermath is now coming to light, the thread was a reaction to an incident, I have only just heard what you quote, as you have, this is a reaction thread.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No, you're the dozy prick. The IRA were viewing the British as occupiers in their land and they wanted to re-unite their country. Yes, they were Catholics/Protestants, but the underlying goal was Brits out of Ireland.

This is Islam and it's teaching wanting to change the West with the eventual goal of Islamic laws. They despise the western way of life.

Actually, a big part of what they are angry about is the western occupiers in their their holy lands.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think many of us are feeling despair, sadness and, in some cases, anger and hate.
We want to strike back at these *******s, we want them to feel the pain that we feel. We want them to know how much we despise them and their twisted ideology.
The problem is, we don’t know who they are, or where they are. For sure we can say “Its all of them, everyone who wears a dish-dash or keffiyeh or burka”. We can take revenge by setting fire to a mosque or chucking a pig’s head into a halal butchers. And for a minute we might feel better.
But that’s just what the scum that carry out these attacks want, they want to incite hatred and stir up conflict because that will cause escalation on both “sides”; that will drive more brothers to jihad and will lead to more innocent people being caught up in the mayhem.
The best way to deal with them is to refuse to stop to their level, to refuse to hate, to refuse to become like them because if we do, we become the very thing we have such utter contempt for.
It will hurt to rise above it, for some it will hurt unbearably but rise above it we must if we are to show them that we are better than them.

Excellent post.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Anyone unnerved, several hours after the event, that there's so little detail about casualties?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yep and you put it straight up on here didn't you. This thread and participants have brought no political points scoring into play as far as I know. Who cares what Trump says. You obviously do we don't!

I just thought it was a bit sad that his first thought upon being informed of what appears to be another tragedy was to further his own agenda. That disappointed me somewhat, that's all.

I won't lose sleep over his comments to be honest, but it does seem a fairly accurate measure of the man. How you read that as politically motivated by me...well, that's up to you.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Great post mate

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I am misjudging the moment for you and the others in the same pack?

I can't speak for others. But I have spent much of my life dealing with people who have been suddenly killed and horrifically injured - plus their loved ones who have seen it all happen in front of their eyes, prior to the arrival of the emergency services,

You carry on how you are, if that is how you see fit - all I am saying is now is not the time, in my view.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

So basically do **** all yeah.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Forgive me for this it's a genuine question. If your family were stabbed or blown up would you still feel the same way?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh, and I've just remembered a couple of oddities in the Quran..one concerns Mohammed being accused of stealing underwear from dead Jews..I kid you not, and also spying on someone having a shit..weird.

Oh, and he shagged a nine year old girl who he had to allow to bring her dollies with her to his tent as she was still little, although that's ok because he had married her when she was six. At least he waited for a bit. And he tried to knob his sons wife.

It's all there folks. I only wish I was making it up.

He didn't try to, he married her. He was his adopted sonm but still considered a son and Allah sent him a revelation:

"And [remember, O Muhammad], when you said to the one on whom Allah bestowed favor and you bestowed favor, "Keep your wife and fear Allah," while you concealed within yourself that which Allah is to disclose. And you feared the people, while Allah has more right that you fear Him. So when Zayd had no longer any need for her, We married her to you in order that there not be upon the believers any discomfort concerning the wives of their adopted sons when they no longer have need of them. And ever is the command of Allah accomplished."

Basically saying Allah says adoptred sons don't count as sons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe it's just me but I would have at least offered my condolences and support before talking about politics...

Who are you offering your condolences and support too? We have absolutely no idea what has happened yet? This, as I have said, is a reaction thread, we have reacted. As I have also said, I dearly hope no-one has died, but we cannot give condolences until we know, surely? That will be a whole different thread.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

"Rise above it" .... sounds similar to "Don't look back in Anger" from Manchester last week.

Meanwhile attacks will continue and innocent lives taken

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An overwhelming majority of Muslims will be as appalled as we are about Westminster, Manchester and tonight and to suggest anything to the contrary is a lie.

But that's the trouble. No lies or anything, but we don't actually know this, do we. Some - like yourself - choose to believe it, and obviously many claim this is the case.........but, the truth is, we don't know.
During the Irish troubles, how many Irish Catholics, who never committed any acts of violence, and who never joined the IRA, would, when pushed condemn 'All violence' (although never condemning specific murders by the IRA or the provos) still actually shared the ultimate ambitions of the terrorists, namely a united independent (and Catholic) Ireland?
So how many of the moderate moslems, appalled by tonight's atrocities, nonetheless share the ultimate ambitions of the cvnts who do these things? - replacement of UK law by Sharia law, Britain becoming a moslem country, with Christianity not allowed (and for all those who jump up and say we're not a Christian country nowadays anyway, yes, you have a point, but in the moslem world atheism and agnosticism don't go down too well either!)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Your post is spot on mate, this should be shared far and wide so we don't lose sight of the important stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here